Author Topic: Can i Get some help ASAP - open tray error (HELP FOUND)  (Read 3374 times)

Offline bozoy

• Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Baboon Sniffer
Can i Get some help ASAP - open tray error (HELP FOUND)
« on: August 15, 2010, 03:32:42 PM »
Well i decided to try playing a disc on my xbox that im modding and it turns out with any game it shows up as "open tray" and wont read the game, i opened it up and tried as a couple of tutorials said such as rubbing alchohol on the lens and stuff, then i also saw my lens was in the right position (threw that tut out the window) and i tried appying pressure to the top of the drive (it acually read the game but as a DVD!?!?) . so now im sad and i saw another tut saying to hit the drive with your controller...... I was very spectical but being deppressed on how its not working i decided to try it. It worked but my harddrive wasnt in so i had to put it back in to play, Therefore causing the xbox to restart. I tried this over and over again and its not working anymore i tried eveything i could think of and everything in the tuts i could find. I belive its a BenQ as it has the wires in the little hole and it has a circle on the top and the bottom tray is a circle no gashes or anything. It doesnt have a sticker on it saying wat type it is though for some reason  :dntknw: So any help you guys could give me would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 05:04:20 PM by bozoy »
2nd Year EE

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
Re: Can i Get some help ASAP - open tray error
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 03:29:58 AM »
probably gonna need a new dvd drive in my honest opinion

Offline bozoy

• Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Baboon Sniffer
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 04:08:46 PM »
probably gonna need a new dvd drive in my honest opinion
So shall i order a replacement drive off ebay? And then would i have to switch the motherboards in the drive or could i just use it as it comes in?
2nd Year EE

Offline eNeRGy

• BioLogic Mods
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 04:15:15 PM »
Right now you best bet is to not just get only a drive but it would be cheaper to buy a broken xbox 360 that has a drive (same type as yours) and replace with that.  You still would have to flash the drive but instead of buying a $35 used drive you can (like me) get a $12.50 xenon wit maybe an easy error to fix and just jack the drive off that. so you get a plus. A drive for your xbox and a possibly fixable jtag that you can just plug the broke drive after being flashed to that one and just play games off hdd.  But thats my thoughs and what I would do about it.
..::BioLogic Mods::..
__"Why play fair?"__

Offline bozoy

• Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Baboon Sniffer
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 04:27:37 PM »
Right now you best bet is to not just get only a drive but it would be cheaper to buy a broken xbox 360 that has a drive (same type as yours) and replace with that.  You still would have to flash the drive but instead of buying a $35 used drive you can (like me) get a $12.50 xenon wit maybe an easy error to fix and just jack the drive off that. so you get a plus. A drive for your xbox and a possibly fixable jtag that you can just plug the broke drive after being flashed to that one and just play games off hdd.  But thats my thoughs and what I would do about it.
yeah i most probably will do that as i always wanted a jtag so im gunna see im my friends broken xbox's drive will work and if it does ill look for a cheap xbox anyways to jtag. But ill go with your idea
2nd Year EE

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 02:44:50 PM »
Theres a switch somewhere in the CD ROM drive that tells the xbox that the tray is closed, try to look around inside the CD drive for a small switch you may have to repair to get the drive open.

Else just buy an easy RROD fix like eNeRgY said plus you may be able to resell a JTAG for over $300 and just get a brand new console.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline bozoy

• Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Baboon Sniffer
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 05:57:04 PM »
Theres a switch somewhere in the CD ROM drive that tells the xbox that the tray is closed, try to look around inside the CD drive for a small switch you may have to repair to get the drive open.

Else just buy an easy RROD fix like eNeRgY said plus you may be able to resell a JTAG for over $300 and just get a brand new console.
But the tray opens properly so i guess im going to have to get a replacement and now that i open it up the circuitry of the chips are different. i did a bit more research and it turns out i need a liteon drive and my friends is a benQ so xenon dead xbox + drive it is!
2nd Year EE

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 06:25:31 AM »
If the xbox is jtagable then you can sell it because you are able to load games onto the hard drive and play them without the CD.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline bozoy

• Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Baboon Sniffer
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 05:52:01 PM »
If the xbox is jtagable then you can sell it because you are able to load games onto the hard drive and play them without the CD.
alright and how could I find such a deal? I've been searching on eBay I just don't know what to search cuz I need a liteon drive and a xenon mobo.
2nd Year EE

Offline eNeRGy

• BioLogic Mods
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 07:37:17 PM »
search for xbox 360 motherboard.  I found me a xenon with a lite on and a xenon with a BenQ.
..::BioLogic Mods::..
__"Why play fair?"__

Offline bozoy

• Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Baboon Sniffer
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 03:57:49 PM »
search for xbox 360 motherboard.  I found me a xenon with a lite on and a xenon with a BenQ.
Ok So for me to jtag it I saw a vid that said I have to have certain type of dashboard or something? If it doesnt have that does that mean I Cant JtAG it?
2nd Year EE

Offline DARk_ANGEL

• Acidmods Rocks!!!
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +5/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 04:38:02 PM »
i dont think so i think you need the older version of the xbox dashboard

Offline bozoy

• Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Baboon Sniffer
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 05:42:29 PM »
i dont think so i think you need the older version of the xbox dashboard
Ok I was quite unsure because the guy in the video had a fat accent.
2nd Year EE

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal