Author Topic: Ao I'm on an Ipad...  (Read 1188 times)

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
Ao I'm on an Ipad...
« on: August 28, 2010, 02:07:52 PM »
I'm at the apple store typing this. Why would someone pay $500 for this? My net book is 30x cooler, and only like $300

/rant

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
Re: Ao I'm on an Ipad...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 03:38:45 PM »
I disagree. They bolth serve different uses. I would have one of bolth if I had the $$$$

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
Re: Ao I\'m on an Ipad...
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 03:41:58 PM »
Why buy an iPod when you can buy an mp3 with 30x more memory for half the price?

Post Merge: August 28, 2010, 03:42:26 PM
*mp3 player
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 03:42:26 PM by HiddenVenom »

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 03:54:34 PM »
maybe because an ipad gets 10 hours of use and 30 days standby. and isnt dog slow and crash a lot and it just works. the amount of times i have needed to give my friends and family help fixing this or setting up that on windows or other mp3 players or smart phones is ridiculous, the few i have managed to swap over to iphones or imacs or ipads i no longer get any calls, all i had to do was how them how to use it the first time and they worked out the rest intuitively.

plus its shiny lol.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 07:14:49 PM »
Don't get me wrong if the price was right I'd really like one. But the price point just doesn't sell me. If macs were cheaper than PC's, or equivalent, I'd buy one. Oh, and I just caught that spelling error. The keyboard was horrid. The external one is necessary.

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 10:52:27 PM »
the way i look at it the Ipad is a ipod on crack. if i was travailing as much as i was at my old job i would use it as a e reader and for watching video. i had my laptop and my iphone with me but when your flying a laptop can be clunky and a phone can be to small. i would love one but it would be a toy and i cant yet justify spending that much money on one.

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 11:08:53 AM »
the way i look at it the Ipad is a ipod on crack. if i was travailing as much as i was at my old job i would use it as a e reader and for watching video. i had my laptop and my iphone with me but when your flying a laptop can be clunky and a phone can be to small. i would love one but it would be a toy and i cant yet justify spending that much money on one.
Exactly! I have a good mp3 player, a netbook, and the iPad is a medium to the two, albeit expensive. If it was cheaper, I would buy one. It would serve great for portable media and web browsing, where a netbook isn't suitable.

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 12:20:15 PM »
i'd use it for netflix in bed. thats about all i can see myself needing it for. i'll have a droid 2 in a few days so 3g internet isn't an issue, plus it fits in my pocket. in a month or 2 i'll have a shiny new hdtv hooked up to my pc and i'll just use that for netflix in bed. but whatever floats your boat i guess. also i agree, iphone/ipod touch keyboards suck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal