Author Topic: Help on rapid fire.  (Read 2354 times)

Offline d3v1ld0g

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Help on rapid fire.
« on: September 08, 2010, 08:40:02 PM »
Hello, i have decided to try to make a rapid fire controller, but i cannot seem to get it working. I am using a PIC12F863, mostly because of its EEPROM space, im not using any of the periphials on it. I eventually plan on making the EEPROM be able to hold several patterns that the controller can use, such as rapidfire, burst, etc, but for now im just trying to get it working. It was working fine when i was using a PIC16F877 on my PICKIT2 development board, but that obviously is overpowered for this project and wont fit in the controller.

Anyways, i must be doing something wrong on the hardware side, because i can get the PIC to flash an LED when i am drawing power from my PICKIT2, but it does not seem to be drawing power when i hook it up to my controller. I am not very good with hardware, so i came here to get some help. Here is the basic schematic i am using:

The connection from pin2 to the Right Trigger is not soldered yet, for testing purposes, i am just attaching it with my fingers. It seems that the PIC is not being powered up from the controller, so if somebody could help me out, i would be thankful. I looked at the datasheet for the PIC12F863, and the operating voltage is 2.0-5.0V, and im pretty sure the controller power supply is within that range.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: Help on rapid fire.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 10:02:54 AM »
Where are you getting your Vdd? and GND?  is the LED grounded to the chip?  the controller should give you ~3V when it is on, so you should be well within ur range.

are you trying to flash the LED when hooked up to the controller? or are you tying to go for gusto and get rapid fire?

what do you mean by drawing? how do you know if the chip is drawing unless you are measuring current with a multimeter?

how much do you understand about the controller hardware?.. just flashing an LED does not describe how to achieve rapid fire using a Pic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal