Author Topic: Help with a sync button xbox 360 controller  (Read 11497 times)

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
Help with a sync button xbox 360 controller
« on: September 22, 2010, 03:03:41 PM »
Sup guys!!

My friend has given me a xbox 360 controller wich has broken sync button. I wanna add a button to works like the original sync button. I have done this but doesnt work

Anyone can say me what i am doing wrong?? If you can modify the pic with the correct contacts would be great.

Thanks in advance

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 03:07:22 PM by rafaliyo86 »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Help with a sync button xbox 360 controller
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 04:48:35 AM »
need to know how your sinc button is "broken"

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 05:02:24 AM »
I dont know exactly because its my friends controller but i think its the central contact of the mobo

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 01:48:14 PM »
If that's how you have it wired up then the new button should be working, provided it's a N.O. Momentary type like the original Sync button is.

Check the Sync line and make sure the old button isn't shorted to ground, but does short to ground when pressed. If that works then it's either something on the Sync line (bad via or solder joint at the MCU) or the MCU is bad on that pin.

You should still be able to plug up a PnC cable and force the controller to Sync to the 360, and while that's not a fix for the problem, it's at least a workaround so the controller can still be used. Then if that doesn't work and you're sure the button, trace and MCU solder joint are all good, toss it.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
  • Electrical Engineering Student
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 01:56:26 PM »
turn on the controller and take a wire and put both ends on the left contact and the right contact. (ignore middle) it should work i believe. if not idk

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 02:05:51 PM »
The left and right connections of the Sync button are the same, they're connected internally in the switch. With the switch removed the left connection on the board is ground and the right is connected to nothing. The center connection has to connect to ground for a few seconds for Sync to activate.

Please don't post that people short connections together if you've no idea at all what they do, that's just going to cause someone to fry something sooner or later that wasn't bad to begin with.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 02:08:42 PM by RDC »
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline radddogg

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 06:13:34 AM »
Sup guys!!

My friend has given me a xbox 360 controller wich has broken sync button. I wanna add a button to works like the original sync button. I have done this but doesnt work

Anyone can say me what i am doing wrong?? If you can modify the pic with the correct contacts would be great.

Thanks in advance
Surely by leaving the original switch in place you are leaving the fault in situ? remove the orginal switch and replace it?

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 06:16:26 AM »
RDC and radddogg thank you so much.

I will try it this afternoon and i will tell you

Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal