Author Topic: The Beast ... The N-Control Avenger  (Read 9122 times)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
The Beast ... The N-Control Avenger
« on: November 11, 2010, 05:45:18 PM »
Do you take advantage of every opportunity to have an edge over the competition? The new N-Control will help you obtain insanely fast control over every control you could possibly need without taking your fingers off the analog sticks, be it switching spells or reloading your clip. For a price of 60$ you could have this masterpiece of gaming gear the Avenger.

Original Image from http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/11/n-control-avenger-gives-your-xbox-360-controller-hair-triggers/
Added Photos.

-TwisTtheTwiTcH
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:10:45 PM by TwisTtheTwiTcH »

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Re: The Beast ... The N-Control Avenger
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 06:30:53 PM »
i wonder what that would be like if you used it in conjunction with a modded RF controller

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 06:40:31 PM »
i wonder what that would be like if you used it in conjunction with a modded RF controller

It's only a matter of time till we see somebody use it. I can imagine once you've gotten use to it that the controller would be bloody wicked.

-TwisT

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 06:57:13 PM »
wtf......now that is the nerdiest controller i have ever seen lmao. I would never use that shiz

Offline loboplayero

• hardcore psp modder!!
  • MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • specialize in psp led lighting!!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 07:12:21 PM »
i dont know but i see good things on this control like for kids with hand problems and stuff like that well i think is cool ill probally use it? :laughing:

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 09:48:56 PM »
With all of the different modifications to the X360 controller, why not just use a keyboard and mouse instead? At this rate, it will be cheaper. Hell, maybe that could be the next opensource project?
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 10:01:43 PM »
this thing is a bit ridiculous, and some of those people seem way too excited about this thing. and seriously the guy made it to 'prevent over-use injuries' in extended gaming sessions? dude what are you doing that you're hurting yourself playing 360? I've pulled all nighters (hell all weekenders sometimes) since I was a kid and I've never injured myself while gaming (broken plenty of equipment though), I've definitely gotten calluses but I wouldn't call that an injury. Not to mention that the newer controllers are far more ergonomic than the stuff I grew up using (try pulling a 48 hour bender with a 2600 joystick or a NES pad)...

I will say the pretension on the triggers is nice, but i don't see the need for the rest of it. i understand the use of the arms that tap face buttons, but i think that can be just as much a hindrance as taking your thumb off the analog stick. thanks but no thanks, i'll use my fingers to pretension the triggers and i'll deal with the minute amount of speed i lose to move my thumb..

though I would be interested to use the pretension with the RF like robin said.

over all I'll stick with my standard controller that cost me $5 to add RF to and pocket the other $55 to buy another game with. is edging out your opponent really that important to people?

doesn't someone already make a KB/M adapter for the 360?
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 11:05:44 PM »
is edging out your opponent really that important to people?

haha you have no idea, competitive gaming gets pretty ridiculous. But you will never be able to use that thing at a comp.

and yes there is a k/m imput project, known as xim. Tbh though the keyboard lets down the hole concept, an analog is so much more precise than WASD. And although a mouse provides great on screen twitch aiming, its much more challenging to turn and drop someone behind you.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:09:10 PM by GhoSt_Death »
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 02:39:59 AM »
haha you have no idea, competitive gaming gets pretty ridiculous. But you will never be able to use that thing at a comp.

and yes there is a k/m imput project, known as xim. Tbh though the keyboard lets down the hole concept, an analog is so much more precise than WASD. And although a mouse provides great on screen twitch aiming, its much more challenging to turn and drop someone behind you.

Ah, see, you have been playing FPS on a console too long. If you need precise movement of your 'feet', you always have the Shift key. But during intense gameplay, theres no need to be precise. Online FPS is so arcade-like that quick jerky movement is better. But when it comes to aiming, nothing beats a mouse. I thought the Wii controller would at least be a better compromise, but that failed in comparison. I've played online deathmatch since the day it was possible to call your friends computer using your modem with DOOM.

You have no idea how fun it was to blow up people using the remote dynomite in DUke3D.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 04:35:04 AM »
Ah, see, you have been playing FPS on a console too long. If you need precise movement of your 'feet', you always have the Shift key. But during intense gameplay, theres no need to be precise. Online FPS is so arcade-like that quick jerky movement is better. But when it comes to aiming, nothing beats a mouse. I thought the Wii controller would at least be a better compromise, but that failed in comparison. I've played online deathmatch since the day it was possible to call your friends computer using your modem with DOOM.

You have no idea how fun it was to blow up people using the remote dynomite in DUke3D.

To be fair doom isn't a great example to boost your case... Idk its all personal preference. I mean I play pc cod with a 360 controller and still own up, something about having to push back the mouse deters me from playing with pc controls, I feel too constrained.

My opinion on this item is that it is an overpriced accessory in which the limited edge you gain could easily be mirrored by controller reconstruction mods.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 07:02:50 AM »
Oh, no, I know how ridiculously competitive online fps gaming is, I just feel that the minor advantages provided by this accessory are negligible and that the competitiveness really is ridiculous in every sense of the word. And I agree with ghost about being able to overcome these problems by hard modding.

As for the kb/m vs controller, I really think that it is personal preference. Personally I can't play for :censored: with a kb/m combo, but give me a controller and I can clean up. I know it's not a competitive fps, but I first played through fallout 3 on my PC with a kb/m setup and I was horrible, I'd get killed every other fight I got into. I went out and got a transceiver for my 360 controller and my game instantly improved and after that rarely died in the game. To each his own I guess...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 09:44:37 AM »
With all of the different modifications to the X360 controller, why not just use a keyboard and mouse instead? At this rate, it will be cheaper. Hell, maybe that could be the next opensource project?

Xim 360, however its not open source :(

this thing looks like a monster

Competitive gaming gets pretty rowdy lol thats an understatement! People get into fist fights at LANs over a stupid game... sometimes the kind of controller does matter. Its all about advantages and disadvantages stock controllers versus an off brand controllers...

hahaahah no way shape or form will you see me use a controller like this one.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 12:49:02 PM »
Not open source? Is this what you would like??

http://obsiv.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!948789BF56FAF394!282.entry

If so glad I could help. If not sorry. If you decide to build it goodluck!!

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 05:12:31 AM »
Does anyone agree with me that this look absolutely ridiculous.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 07:28:07 AM »
I agree completely. I would lmao if I went to a friends place and they broke out one of these... Then I would make fun of them constantly for using it... But that's just me :)

Offline IIIJI2III

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Mod out... all day long
    • www.Da-Vibez.com
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 09:11:57 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal