Author Topic: Wrong Dvd DRIVE In my 360  (Read 5749 times)

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Wrong Dvd DRIVE In my 360
« on: December 01, 2010, 03:39:46 PM »
Ok found what i thought was a good deal, bought an xbox 360 for $35.00us . Brought it home and started it up and put disk in and get the white screen with please put xbox disk in xbox console to play. so i tried everything first. then bought a new drive same one as that came with it. (suposeably) any how BENQ VAD6038 new drive changed out the board so i wouldnt have to flash it, and got the same screen. so now $65.00 later and STUCK. I havent had much time to read up on if it is possible to make this work or not.

So I figured I am here on AM why not ask the experts and there opinion on what to do . or does ithis 360 make a paper weight for my desk?
 Pleas help if possible. thank you all you have helped me so much with other things I have asked. thats why I love this site the best

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline StoopidMunkee

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Wrong Dvd DRIVE In my 360
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 04:58:46 PM »
if you have put in a ORIGINAL games and it says PLAY DVD and is giving you the white screen with the xbox splash. then the drive key is incorrect.
same with modded games either way it will say drive key is incorrect.
you must contact the person you bought from to gain that key otherwise it is a paperweight unless it is jtaggable.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 06:12:52 PM »
from what i understand there is a key on the DVD correct me if I am wrong? doesnt that key have to match the key on the motherboard? kind of like the orignal xbox the hard drive has a key that is has to match the eeprom key on the board or you cant change the hard drive.

SO if that is the case on the 360 there has to be a way to retrieve the key off the motherboard and flash any drive to match . make sence or am i  just wrong all together?  and if it has to match on the motherboard I should be able to retrieve the key by flashing the motherboard or reading with an eeprom reader?

just thinking out load.I may be wrong but its a thought that i came accross.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:26:43 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 06:59:47 PM »
If this xbox your talking about has a dashboard of 7371 or lower, then you will be able to retrieve the key by jtagging it. If it is a later dashboard than that, then that xbox will only be a fancy dvd player.  So if the guy you bought it from does not have the original key or its not jtagable, then your screwed. I usually like to end with a good note...at least you got a dvd player for $35 :w00t:

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 07:37:12 PM »
I am screwed...then if i cant get the key off the motherboard and flash the new drive with it. it has the newest dash.

Heres another question I seen some guys say they can jtag with new dashboard, also seen they use diodes instead of resistors have you seen this or heard of it CRAZY MODDER?

Rodent consoles mods

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 09:10:06 PM »
At the moment, no you cannot jtag a dash past 7371. A guy i know  jtagged an 8955 dash, but he will not tell me or anybody how he did it. I somewhat watched his process, but he was using a few programs he made so i have no damn clue how. I have jtagged over 100 xboxs and never heard of anybody being able to do one over 7371 except this guy. But yeah, that xbox of yours is just a fancy dvd player.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 02:50:03 AM »
when i find the link again I will post it and that way others can see , thanks for your help maybe i will do a case mod or sell for parts,

Rodent consoles mods

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 05:00:13 AM »
Yeah thats a good idea. Make a sweet looking case with a bunch of lights or something

Offline mushy408

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 07:41:09 PM »
At the moment, no you cannot jtag a dash past 7371. A guy i know  jtagged an 8955 dash, but he will not tell me or anybody how he did it. I somewhat watched his process, but he was using a few programs he made so i have no damn clue how. I have jtagged over 100 xboxs and never heard of anybody being able to do one over 7371 except this guy. But yeah, that xbox of yours is just a fancy dvd player.

You know 'someone' who can JTAG the 8955 dash? Even after microsoft BLACKLISTED the vulnerable kernel (Xell) from booting?
Does he work for microsoft this someone? I'm saying B.S
I regularly check xbox scene and xbox hacker and there is NO WAY YOU CAN JTAG 8498 OR 8955

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 08:19:07 PM »
Why would i lie about somebody jtagging an 8955..... I sat there and watched him with my own 2 eyes. If you did not read my previous post, he makes his own programs and has a TON of experience with that kind of shizz. I guarantee you he can out do c4eva. The only reason he is not releasing his success is because he knows he will have little punk kids like yourself hounding him on how he did it and begging him for his programs.  So you can call BS all you want. He wont even let me have his programs or show me the steps in doing it. BTW, nothing is impossible

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 08:05:25 AM »
Everything is possible, Fact is i was the one who told crazy modder about , excuse ,me asked cuz i seen someone post they could jtag later then the 7371 dashboard. someone locally and had it posted on craiglist but havent seen it in awhile and had a video on you tube i been looking cant find the link.

Crazy modder should have to answer to a guppy in my case when hes made the tutorial very simple to follow and use. and I just found out there is a way that my dvd drive can be usable. dont quote me just yet but . havent tried to do it yet but i  will keep you all up dated and still searching for the post of the new dash jtag.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline RawryP

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 08:48:19 AM »
You know 'someone' who can JTAG the 8955 dash? Even after microsoft BLACKLISTED the vulnerable kernel (Xell) from booting?
Does he work for microsoft this someone? I'm saying B.S
I regularly check xbox scene and xbox hacker and there is NO WAY YOU CAN JTAG 8498 OR 8955

''Hurr, durr. Not released so not real.''
Don't be stupid. What reason does Crazy-Modder have to lie? If this someone discovered a way to JTag past 7371 then I don't see why he'd release it, seems as the moment he does microsoft will start blocking that out in new firimwares too and maybe he wants his xbox to get new dashboards without, you know, frying his xbox.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal