Author Topic: Two microSDHC in one - possible?  (Read 1208 times)

Offline RR

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Two microSDHC in one - possible?
« on: December 27, 2010, 03:43:04 AM »
Hello, I'm pretty shure you know this adapter:

Well, what I'm trying to find is an adapter or a way to do the same thing but with an SD and not a Memory Stick.

2 MicroSDHC to 1 SD.

Is it possible? Even if there isn't an adapter, please explain how the electronics work in the CR-5400 and so I can try it by myself.

thank you :):)

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
Re: Two microSDHC in one - possible?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 02:23:12 PM »
Is it possible? Even if there isn't an adapter, please explain how the electronics work in the CR-5400 and so I can try it by myself.

thank you :):)

hey RR welcome to acidmods. sick name  :tup:

anyways i am unclear on what you're trying to accomplish. But all as i know how SD memory cards/adapters work is they have 4 serial data i/o pins, a clock pin, a command pin, and power pins.

Regular SD, Mini SD, Micro SD as far as I know are pretty much the same hardware design except for size... So building your own adapter would be nearly pain free. Check out this article i found off of google --> http://cellphonerepairtutorials.blogspot.com/2010_08_29_archive.html

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline RR

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 05:30:52 PM »
hey RR welcome to acidmods. sick name  :tup:

anyways i am unclear on what you're trying to accomplish. But all as i know how SD memory cards/adapters work is they have 4 serial data i/o pins, a clock pin, a command pin, and power pins.

Regular SD, Mini SD, Micro SD as far as I know are pretty much the same hardware design except for size... So building your own adapter would be nearly pain free. Check out this article i found off of google --> http://cellphonerepairtutorials.blogspot.com/2010_08_29_archive.html

Thanks in advance :D

Let me try to explain my idea in another way.

I have an MP3 player with a microSDHC slot. I have two microSDHC of 8GB each but my MP3 only has one slot so I want it to have 2 SDs anyway. In theory it is completely possible because I don't want them to be recognized as two cards (2*8gb). I want them to be recognized as 1 card (8+8=16gb), it makes everything easier because I don't have to change the software and hardware, only the memory cards.

What I pretend is to do a sort of RAID with two microSD cards.

If you see the image above (in my previous post), you'll see that that adapter converts 2 microSDHC cards to 1 Memory Stic Pro, so it confirms my idea, there's a possibility to make 2 cards being recognized as only one (I can confirm it, I had one of those adapters and it did his work perfectly).

I found one picture so I can show you how it is inside the adapter:

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq56/icester1973/Fake_5400.jpg

I wonder if that little chip helps to transform two cards in one or if it transforms SD in Memory Stick Pro...

Of course it's simpler to buy a 16gb card or even 32gb...but it wouldn't be funny :D

Well, maybe someone can help me.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 05:32:15 PM by RR »

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 09:11:05 PM »
I wouldn't know how do combine two cards into 1.

Maybe someone else with this kind of knowledge would know may see this post.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal