Author Topic: Hello  (Read 974 times)

Offline Fr33b0rN

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Hello
« on: January 09, 2011, 05:49:17 PM »
hey, obviously im new here so i just wanted to say hi :D, so i decided to come here because i wanted some professional help on modding my psp 2000 (star wars), now im a pretty decent modder, i can change the full case of a PSP 1000/2000, i currently have a transparent case for my 2000, so i wanted some help on modding my slim to light up on button press for all buttons, idk if its possible but yeah, im took a soldering class last year and i have a drill, you ca AIM me at "xZxGangsta457zXz" so yea just let me know what i have to do :D

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 06:04:38 PM »
Hey! Welcome to the forum! This mod is 110% possible, because I have done it before, but It will be harder if you want a different color for each button. In the diagram below

Each of these spots will be the ground, or negative for each different button. You will then need to use the appropriate amount of voltage for each led, I usually pick a 3.6v spot, and you will need to calculate the right amount of resistance you will need. Since you have a Darth Vader 2000, I wouldn't even switch the buttons, the white buttons are see through all ready, and when you apply light to them, they illuminate very nicely, and evenly. Then there are many ways of positioning the leds, you could drill a small hole in each one and put the led in, you could have 4 leds in the center of all the buttons, one led facing each button, It just all depends how you go about it. Let me know if you have any questions!  :laughing:

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 02:50:18 AM »
welcome to acid mods friend

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5