2 (7.4%)
LED Faders/Flashers
2 (7.4%)
Jitter Mod
2 (7.4%)
All of Zem!
18 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: RFCUSTOM Dev Diary - Current Ver [N/A]  (Read 18273 times)

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
Re: RFCUSTOM Dev Diary - Current Ver [N/A]
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2011, 12:02:41 PM »
Here's an idea. When you create a code, you don't get to download it (unless you are allowed, of course).
It saves your choices in a database then you can order a chip or a controller pre-modded with it.

When whoever manages theis comes on, they read the application and the site generates the code for them which they can then program to the chip (with code protection), and mail it off.

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2011, 02:05:32 PM »
pfft giving me bad post count for calling dibs....
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 02:05:55 PM by [HoP] »

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2011, 02:29:39 PM »
Here's an idea. When you create a code, you don't get to download it (unless you are allowed, of course).
It saves your choices in a database then you can order a chip or a controller pre-modded with it.

When whoever manages theis comes on, they read the application and the site generates the code for them which they can then program to the chip (with code protection), and mail it off.

again don't mean to put a downer on things but doesn't this kinda defeat the point of allowing people to easily make their own free hex codes for personal use...

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2011, 02:37:56 PM »
here is an idea then.. protect the program, and sell license keys to it...

make it so that the program runs from the computer, but the code is online in a database. when you put code in the program it has to read the actual code from the online database.

to gain access to the database it has to verify your license. each license is only allowed for each MAC address. Or say 3 mac addresses per license.

in the terms and conditions put that your license may be revoked at any time if it is suspect to being abused. then all you would need to do is monitor the licenses and done.

also if the program only writes each code to the chip with protection on. (or whatever, im new to chips as well... last chip i programmed was a Doritos, and i think that the saliva killed it)

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2011, 10:57:43 PM »
Could do the same thing but with a member system that remembers IP addresses.

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2011, 09:11:46 AM »
my favourite idea is still the morse code one, or the power cycle one, cos all this license key stuff doesnt prevent anyone from selling on ebay, whareas the limited power cycle one makes it completely unsellable but fine for personal use, or the morse code one makes it easy to spot on ebay who has been using your program so you can report them an whatnot.

ALTHOUGH...
i have an ultimate solution...
ok so you make it stop working after so many power cycles, BUT instead of entirely reprogramming to reset the counter you simply plug your  controller to your PC through a 3.5mm jack using a usb serial converter. now here comes the clever bit, when the code is compiled it is assigned a set of random numbers, after being plugged in the controller then sends these random numbers to the pc, the pc takes these numbers does somesort of checksum / encryption thing to them then sends them back, then finally the PIC checks the response is correct and then resets the powercycle counter. However this means that people cannot have access to the asm code after all of the snippets have been stuck together and the output must be a hex code otherwise people can work out the encryption. not only is this effective but its really cool and is compatable with this idea...

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2011, 09:14:28 AM »
You know, really, I think we're just blowing this out of proportion. Fine, let everyone create free codes, I'll tell them not to sell it on ebay, but some still will. Then, Acidmods could makje profit by selling their RF chips cheaper than eBay scum. Problem solved, money gained.

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2011, 09:16:09 AM »
yeah maybe its a good thing, if the market becomes even more flooded with similar codes it will force people to innovate a bit more XD

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2011, 09:17:50 AM »
While people can make a code themself, it's more fun to use one that is made by an experience individual.

Offline yasin

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2011, 10:13:32 AM »
any updates?

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2011, 05:59:16 PM »
Guys, step back a second.

What are you trying to protect?

I heard this quote from an AM admin recently regarding limiting posts/registration to keep the 'noobs' out: "Acidmods is a site open to all, there will never be a limit for people to enjoy the site". In that respects, you are trying to limit the utility to only 'senior' acidmods members. The whole point of making things opensource is for everyone to enjoy it REGARDLESS.

Will there be people who try to sell on Ebay? Always! I get a dozen emails a wek asking permission to sell my codes, and I say "go right ahead". What Do I care? I made the code for the Do-It_yourselfers to enjoy. I dont care what the Ebay people do. I know that the people who wanted quality free code for personal enjoyment got something worth programming.

So what exactly does it mean to have this program completely open to the ebayers? They can only program a fixed setup. Big deal. What they will be offering is no different than the other codes in the OS forum. It will just flood ebay even more. In the end, competition will make it so that noone will make a profit from RF. Quite frankly, this code will not be anything more than what they already do. So why limit it? It does nobody any justice what-so-ever. Nobody gains by trying to limit free code.

Oh, Hyper is right. There is no way to bootload the 12F683. The smallest chip that is self-writable is 18 pins. Thats not fun to put in a controller. And you didnt factor in the serial comunications that you would need to get that program into an installed chip. That also not fun. In the end, someone will rip it off. And then people wil sell that on Ebay as well. Not that it matters.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2011, 11:34:38 PM »
You are completely right, Hazer. I always wanted this program to be free.

Yasin, things are happening, just slowly at the moment. Even though PHP and C++ are similar, the desktop and web platforms are completely different. At the moment I'm having to make some significant changes to my algorithms before I even begin to program. I also have to include an interface from the start, which isn't in the C++ version. If I can, I'd also like to find a way of converting .asm files to .hex. If I can't find anything, that will have to come last.

Don't worry. As soon as I have a bit more time, stuff will start to happen.

Offline yasin

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2011, 01:21:54 PM »
 :whoosh:

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2011, 12:08:09 AM »
Project halted due to exams. Will resume about halfway through June.

Offline yasin

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2011, 01:47:39 PM »
Goodluck with your exams!

Offline yasin

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User