Author Topic: Infinity Ward addresses PS3 hacking in Modern Warfare 2  (Read 4154 times)

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
Infinity Ward addresses PS3 hacking in Modern Warfare 2
« on: January 19, 2011, 11:43:37 AM »

Due to the recent security breach on the PS3, Infinity Ward community manager Rob Bowling has said that they are planning to introduce additional security measures for its future titles and will no longer "rely solely on platform security" of consoles.

After recent reports that some PS3 Modern Warfare 2 gamers had their stats manipulated, Bowling posted the following on the IW forums to address the situation:

"Sony has recently acknowledged a breach in security on the PS3 which has resulted in the hardware and its games to become exposed to exploits and hacks. Modern Warfare 2 is no exception to this security exploit and we understand that some of you have experienced problems with stats and other issues associated with this," said Bowling.

"Games rely on the security of the encryption on the platforms they're played on, therefore; updates to the game through patches will not resolve this problem completely, unless the security exploit itself is resolved on the platform. However, that doesn't mean we're not going to look into every option available to us. Regretfully, Call of Duty games are receiving the bulk of the hacker's attention, due to its high player counts and popularity. However, the number of legitimate players severely outweighs the bad apples."

"If you are concerned about playing with players who are hacking, I encourage you to play exclusively with friends by utilizing the party or private match options in Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty 4 to avoid such players as much as possible until this issue is resolved by Sony. At this time, we do not have the ability to restore or adjust individual stats."

Bowling assured Cod fans that while they are very reliant on Sony updating their firmware and security to address the core problem of this issue, they "are looking at EVERY option available to us to help any user affected."

He then went on to add, "this only applies to legacy games such as Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2. In the future we plan to adjust our approach to not rely solely on platform security and reduce the ability for this to happen in our games, as has already been displayed by the work Treyarch has done on Call of Duty: Black Ops to prevent similar measures."

Code: [Select]
http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=371760&sid=2c8a184639861d710fe2cb0b397effa0
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 12:56:38 PM by whitetop »
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline aZiZ1

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Infinity Ward addresses PS3 hacking in Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 02:07:19 PM »
some bull crap.

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 02:09:26 PM »
well 80% of the hacking is on ops not mw2

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 04:35:05 PM »
i understand. but i applaud that the ps3 system has bin broken. not just for games or hacks on games, but for homebrew. and my own custom games.

But as for IW, they dint need to hack there game before it got ruined, the game was rushed and lead to annoying glitches like infinite care package's/airddrops, javelin glitch, Elevators(my super favorite thing i liked doing lol) and many others. But they had good "connection" i never lagged, even on ps3. IW innovated with Adjustable killstreaks, host migration(which worked better than black ops on ps3) final killcam, better graphics, new game tipes like "demolition" as well as barebobnes etc, a special "throwing knife" , calltags, icons maps, and incredible story, (not as good as cod4 tho lol) etc. . there were many flaws in there new game engine. but they still delivered. They invented most of what mw2 and black ops now has for features. But black ops just took this to the next level. not quite innovative but fixed what IW was not able to do. same as Cod4 to Cod5, back then IW created its IW4.0 engine, and cod5 just used the same engine but patched. while mw2 used IW5.0 game engine.

Those who complained that did not care for their community or patch glitches well your wrong, it was not up to IW to patch, it was up to Actvision and Microsoft and Sony to patch. But the only reason why Treyach is able to patch its game so quickly because they have more control of its authentication servers and procedures. which all previous games lacked "this only applies to legacy games such as Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2" but also cod5, *cough cough* lol now since mw2 came out the developers have had 2 years to prepare. hope this next game will be better. and besides the two executives from IW getting fired, im glad they did. they keep postponing production of mw3 and also had private meeting with EA to leave and take the "modern warefare " rights with them... :censored: them! lol..

but i wish one thing that IW would do better, u guys remember cod4? on PC? it was truly the best COD of all time and of any platform. why? custom maps!! "radiance tools" or mod tools. These tools allowed you to make custom maps and play them with your friends. this was truly why i loved the cod series. Teryarch is opening these tools to the public sometime on April. but unfortunately, only for pc. would you guys just wish that you can port them to a console? Thats my next project. if any others know about this topic, Hit me up with a PM xD

just my 2 cents lol

Offline young mone

• Another day another $
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • MONe
    • PSP World
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 04:50:18 PM »
looks like they dont even care no more  :clap:

Modded my psp 2000 blew the fuse 1st time is always crazy

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 07:44:46 PM »
well considering the current infinity ward didn't even make this game I am surprised they are doing anything.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline EasyE

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 08:26:24 PM »
They failed with xbox why are they wasting there time now.

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 11:34:29 AM »
kinda late arent they? should have done actions LAST year for MW2 lol
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS   )                -1 GameCube
-1 PS2 (fa              -2 OG Gameboys
-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 11:36:15 AM »
well it was ok for xbox but soon as the ps3 one was hacked they did something about it so yeah they was really late

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal