Author Topic: Umd Drive Not Working (does not spin)  (Read 24370 times)

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
Re: Umd Drive Not Working (does not spin)
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 02:19:46 PM »
ok i got good and bad news

good: i bought a psp 2000 umd drive of eBay and have received it.

Bad: I installed it and turned the psp on and pressed the white thing on the back of the motherboard to see if it would spin/ work it didnt but i didnt have the screen pluged in??? help please
ACTUALLY there are two tabs and you don't need to reassemble for the umd drive to work. One is a white one that the umd housing presses down. Another is one that the Umd DOOR presses down. So there are two tabs not one. Tape both of them down and it should work fine. You don't need to reassemble at all to get the drive to turn on. Good luck (:

tech: think outside the box ;)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:29:00 PM by nEoVaLoR »

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2011, 09:52:05 PM »
ACTUALLY there are two tabs and you don't need to reassemble for the umd drive to work. One is a white one that the umd housing presses down. Another is one that the Umd DOOR presses down. So there are two tabs not one. Tape both of them down and it should work fine. You don't need to reassemble at all to get the drive to turn on. Good luck (:

tech: think outside the box ;)

I was going to say just that nEoVaLoR buy thought i read it all first lol!

I had the same problem wheni put my original psp 2000 into a clear case. the cheap chinese plastic didnt reach all the way down on the top trigger and therefore it didnt work.

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2011, 10:34:56 PM »
I was going to say just that nEoVaLoR buy thought i read it all first lol!

I had the same problem wheni put my original psp 2000 into a clear case. the cheap chinese plastic didnt reach all the way down on the top trigger and therefore it didnt work.
Yup it happens lol. And I HATE buying bad housing. But I guess that stuff is hard to manufacture.

Offline failz

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 05:43:40 PM »
Thank you so i didnt need a new umd drive after all? Lol well im going to put it back together later because i broke the current clear housing trying to get a threaded bolt out lol but i have another but i dont have it with me ill tell if it worked

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal