Author Topic: Custom Viking360 Legacy w/Lit Up Thumbsticks  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
Custom Viking360 Legacy w/Lit Up Thumbsticks
« on: March 11, 2011, 01:10:01 AM »
This is a New Style Black Controller fitted with the original Viking360 Chip.

Mod List;

- Viking360 Chip
- Blue ROL Swap
- Clear Analog Sticks lit up by Blue LEDs depending on what mode your in.
- Added 3.5mm Jack for Programming.

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
  • Electrical Engineering Student
Re: Custom Viking360 Legacy w/Lit Up Thumbsticks
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 08:40:04 AM »
looks good. Im wondering if you can get me the wiring diagram for the programming port. Ive been looking everywhere but cannot find a diagram :(

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 07:10:55 AM »
The wiring diagram to the 3.5mm Jack?

Or to the PnC Port (need to cut the traces below the points?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 07:40:20 AM »
looks good. Im wondering if you can get me the wiring diagram for the programming port. Ive been looking everywhere but cannot find a diagram :(

i think you are confusing this mod for having an inbuilt programmer, however the PIC used in this mod has been preprogrammed with a bootloader, this means the code can be updated via usb without a programmer.

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 07:56:57 AM »
i think you are confusing this mod for having an inbuilt programmer, however the PIC used in this mod has been preprogrammed with a bootloader, this means the code can be updated via usb without a programmer.

Then I guess I am lol. I have seen multiple times though where people have used usb mini female jacks and stuff used for reprogramming and i would like to know how. It would make it so much easier to test different codes. When I first got my chips my Great Uncle had gotten them for me and programmed the .hex file for me. In the email he said he had also burned a bootloader onto them. But idk how to use it. If i had reprogrammed the chips, would the bootloader be gone?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 08:21:47 AM »
yeah i saw your post a while back...

A bootloader is programmed to the chip using a standard programmer, the bootloader then runs on the PIC and allows new code to be loaded without a full programmer.

however none of our codes are set up to be used with a bootloader and it would be very dificult to do as the 12f683 does not have self writeable program memory.

if your uncle sent you chips with a bootloader on and you programmed that chip with a different hex file using a normal programmer then the bootloader is lost although your uncle may be able to send you the hex for the bootloader.

also there is a more limiting way of reprogramming a rf code without a bootloader like hazers final rf did, noone has done an opensource version yet, but i will be working on it in the summer.

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 08:28:29 AM »
yeah i saw your post a while back...

A bootloader is programmed to the chip using a standard programmer, the bootloader then runs on the PIC and allows new code to be loaded without a full programmer.

however none of our codes are set up to be used with a bootloader and it would be very dificult to do as the 12f683 does not have self writeable program memory.

if your uncle sent you chips with a bootloader on and you programmed that chip with a different hex file using a normal programmer then the bootloader is lost although your uncle may be able to send you the hex for the bootloader.

also there is a more limiting way of reprogramming a rf code without a bootloader like hazers final rf did, noone has done an opensource version yet, but i will be working on it in the summer.

Ok thanks. I have thought about wiring the pic into a play and charge kit and then getting the female end thats into the controller (from a broken one) and soldering it onto my programmer. It shoudl allow me o plug it into the programmer and reprogram it instantly. The only problem is i dont have one of the ends that goes onto the controller with all the pins still on it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal