Author Topic: Help with IC please  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Quickedge

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Help with IC please
« on: April 07, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »
Hi, I'm a new member, and i discovered this website accidentally while researching power problems with psp slim 2000..

anyway,

I have a problem with my psp, and i believed it is the video IC. and i was wondering if anybody can here can give me some good tips or detailed  instructions (etc., tools i need, processes)
 or a link. how to do solder re-flow.

I have the same problem as the person who made this thread https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=25040.0
sadly, that thread has been dead for over a year, and i really need to know how to permanently fix this problem.

thank you for anybody who took the time to check out this thread.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:35:50 PM by Quickedge »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
Re: Help with IC please
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 01:46:02 PM »
the only way to really fix that is like they said in the thread you link to. you either need to reflow with a hot air rework station, or remove and reball the chip... the second to last reply in that thread has a video in it that shows the removal of the chip at around the 1:00 mark. as for how to do it... unless you have before it's probably not wise to attempt it... take it to a repair shop, check craigslist and call the guys advertising in your area for 360/PS3 repairs, they will most likely be able to do it for you for a fee...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:46:59 PM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Quickedge

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Help with IC please
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 04:17:51 PM »
yeah.. i guess it would be a bad idea... best leave it to professionals

luckily i found two people near the area and emailed them, hopefully it won't be too expensive.. and i guess it would be nice to know people who can repair electronic stuff near your area ... (... damn microsoft ....)

anyway thanks for the quick reply.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal