Author Topic: PSP SLIM START UP ONLY WITH CHARGER  (Read 7571 times)

Offline tupacpsp

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PSP SLIM START UP ONLY WITH CHARGER
« on: April 14, 2011, 11:29:23 PM »
Hello,

When I want to start up my psp it does not work, only with my charger, I trief my battery in a other psp and it works?

What can I do to fix this problem?

Thank you,

Offline loboplayero

• hardcore psp modder!!
  • MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • specialize in psp led lighting!!
Re: PSP SLIM START UP ONLY WITH CHARGER
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 11:56:58 PM »
i been thru this before i hope it helps bridge the power fuse!! it should b name TD is around the back of mobo on slim around where the battery connects

Offline tupacpsp

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 02:00:54 AM »
Thank you,

WIll try this soon,

Offline DuctTapedGoat

• PC Repair Junkie
  • Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +20/-12
  • I'm a duct-taped goat.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 02:32:10 AM »
Might need to bridge the battery with a low watt bulb if the power fuse doesn't do it.

Offline tupacpsp

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 03:19:51 AM »
Might need to bridge the battery with a low watt bulb if the power fuse doesn't do it.

I'm sorry, I do not understand your reply :P
Could you explain it a bit more ;)

Offline DuctTapedGoat

• PC Repair Junkie
  • Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +20/-12
  • I'm a duct-taped goat.
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 11:42:14 AM »
Take a small flashlight lightbulb, solder some wires onto it. Short between the pos and neg on the battery - you'll see the bulb light up, and then go dim when the battery is drained. Give your battery a full charge, and ouila - good as new.

I've seen this happen when using usb to ac plug chargers - it keeps charging the battery after it's charged. The psp can't read how much juice it's got and reports that it's dead, and your battery just won't work until you drain it by shorting.

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 01:15:34 PM »
Take a small flashlight lightbulb, solder some wires onto it. Short between the pos and neg on the battery - you'll see the bulb light up, and then go dim when the battery is drained. Give your battery a full charge, and ouila - good as new.

I've seen this happen when using usb to ac plug chargers - it keeps charging the battery after it's charged. The psp can't read how much juice it's got and reports that it's dead, and your battery just won't work until you drain it by shorting.
not bad...

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 03:20:37 PM »

this is good and i don't want to think like I'm being rude, but please don't use the word short as it is not correct for what you are trying to describe and actually shorting a battery can be pretty dangerous.

Offline DuctTapedGoat

• PC Repair Junkie
  • Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +20/-12
  • I'm a duct-taped goat.
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 12:05:19 AM »
It's basically what you're doing - it's an intentional inaccurate circuit using a bulb in place of a resistor shorting it so you can visually see when there's no more juice.

What would you call it?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 03:42:29 AM »
It's basically what you're doing - it's an intentional inaccurate circuit using a bulb in place of a resistor shorting it so you can visually see when there's no more juice.

What would you call it?

short is short for short circuit, which is would mean just wiring positive to negative with no bulb or resistor.

what it should be called is applying a load to the battery in order to drain the battery.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 07:42:23 AM »
hyper is correct, and this will not fix anything, all it will do is tell you if the battery is charged or not. this is infact one of the silliest things ive heard i along time.

check t battery pins for damage and proper connection, spread them slightly if needed so the battery fits tighter, check the fuse. I am not sure why people pull things ot of their but these days.

Offline DuctTapedGoat

• PC Repair Junkie
  • Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +20/-12
  • I'm a duct-taped goat.
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 11:13:44 AM »
It's not a random thing - it actually works. Your standard AC adapter will charge until it hits 100% and then stop charging - if you're using a USB to power plug adapter, it won't stop at 100% and your battery will appear dead. I'm sure there's other causes, but don't dog it till you've ran into a situation and tried it yourself.

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 02:49:09 PM »
It's not a random thing - it actually works. Your standard AC adapter will charge until it hits 100% and then stop charging - if you're using a USB to power plug adapter, it won't stop at 100% and your battery will appear dead. I'm sure there's other causes, but don't dog it till you've ran into a situation and tried it yourself.

care to explain how it manages that? you know seeing as the usb and ac chargers both only have positive and negative power connections no data or signal lines?

draining the battery might fix the problem, I don't know, but its not because the usb charging mod over charges the battery.

Offline DuctTapedGoat

• PC Repair Junkie
  • Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +20/-12
  • I'm a duct-taped goat.
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 08:22:06 PM »
Not the USB charge mod, a USB to DC plug charger will not stop charging the PSP at 100%.

http://s.shld.net/is/image/Sears/05832385000_20100520080150507?hei=248&wid=248&op_sharpen=1&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 02:57:35 AM »
Not the USB charge mod, a USB to DC plug charger will not stop charging the PSP at 100%.

http://s.shld.net/is/image/Sears/05832385000_20100520080150507?hei=248&wid=248&op_sharpen=1&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,

my point still stands, how is that possible without any signal/data lines?

Offline DuctTapedGoat

• PC Repair Junkie
  • Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +20/-12
  • I'm a duct-taped goat.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 03:33:20 AM »
I'd guess that it's just transistors and diodes, once the battery pumps back peak it closes the gate. I'm not curious enough to gut my AC adapter to find out.

Pick one up and test for yourself, this isn't just me blowing smoke. I've tested it quite a few times - USB continually attempts to charge after 100% whereas AC adapters will stop at 100%. The resulting symptom is a battery that appears as though it won't hold a charge, but it's easily fixed like I mentioned earlier.

Offline tupacpsp

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 05:40:29 AM »
Wow, xd

can I also use a common LED?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3