Author Topic: PSV vs 3DS  (Read 6375 times)

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
PSV vs 3DS
« on: June 13, 2011, 08:24:48 PM »
PlayStation Vita vs. Nintendo 3DS : Head-to-head

So with the straight up specs on the table, it looks like the 3DS is going to have to push there system to the limit and really impress us with it's 3d capability's.  and it couldn't hurt to push out every good game that they can muster or they may be in trouble.  on the other hand if the PSV just pushes ports like the PSP did with no real original content then that could spell trouble for the system. 

what do you guys think? PSV or 3DS?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:29:50 PM by Bonz »

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Re: PSV vs 3DS
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 09:49:42 PM »
I sort of feel like it is still a niche appeal sort of thing. It is pretty clear that I am a Sony man myself but I still have a lot of fun on my DSi and GBA compared to my PSP. The PSP has some really decent games and a few good ones off of the top of my head. However the content for the DS is still overwhelming and the titles they have include some of the 'best' games I've played. In the same respect it could also be said the with the sheer numbers the DS has it must be similar to bird shot with a shot gun. . . They are bound to hit a good one sooner or later.

The 3DS does have the upper hand of already existing on the consumer market though. Although cliche only time will tell, and although I am a Sony man myself. I don't count Nintendo's device out of the fight by any means. The fight will probably lean more toward the 3DS in the long run though because of the loyal army behind the console. Sony will have to make up the legroom with some solid content to cover the ground the 3DS already has on it.

-TwisT

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 03:48:57 PM »
I sort of feel like it is still a niche appeal sort of thing. It is pretty clear that I am a Sony man myself but I still have a lot of fun on my DSi and GBA compared to my PSP. The PSP has some really decent games and a few good ones off of the top of my head. However the content for the DS is still overwhelming and the titles they have include some of the 'best' games I've played. In the same respect it could also be said the with the sheer numbers the DS has it must be similar to bird shot with a shot gun. . . They are bound to hit a good one sooner or later.

The 3DS does have the upper hand of already existing on the consumer market though. Although cliche only time will tell, and although I am a Sony man myself. I don't count Nintendo's device out of the fight by any means. The fight will probably lean more toward the 3DS in the long run though because of the loyal army behind the console. Sony will have to make up the legroom with some solid content to cover the ground the 3DS already has on it.

-TwisT

I agree with you whole heatedly BUT thinking the fight would lean to the 3DS because of loyal fans? just look as how well the PS2 did! where did those fans go?

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 06:12:33 PM »
well he did say that only time will tell so i guess only time will tell. It all comes down to the originality of the games and the availability of the games too.

But lets not forget that the PSVita runs on an Andriod OS (which you forgot to add) and is therefore compatable with android apps. ( and upgrades?)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 06:14:01 PM by CreativeMindMedias »

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »
Playstation Vita FTW!!!

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol