Author Topic: how is this possible?  (Read 4060 times)

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
how is this possible?
« on: July 15, 2011, 03:28:29 PM »
http://youtu.be/o5oixJ5ImI4

pretty badass you dont have to be there pushing the crap outta tact buttons
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: how is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 06:42:49 PM »
http://youtu.be/o5oixJ5ImI4

pretty badass you dont have to be there pushing the crap outta tact buttons
I am going to say its a 555 timer rapidfire, there is a tutorial for one for xbox 360 that works that way. using a pot resistor.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 07:14:55 PM »
I am going to say its a 555 timer rapidfire, there is a tutorial for one for xbox 360 that works that way. using a pot resistor.

I'm fairly sure its not a 555 timer rapid fire as they have a tact for on/off and also it is on the trigger, however what they are doing is using a micro-controller to replicate the 555 timer mod but for PS3.

It seems like a good idea at first but as many people have discovered using a pot to adjust speed is really quite inaccurate. Say if the max speed on a game was exactly 9SPS, it is very easy to set the speed to exactly 9SPS using digital inputs like tact switches. Using the pot method you are likely to never achieve a speed of exactly 9SPS and therefore will always end up with slower rapid fire.

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
  • Electrical Engineering Student
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 07:21:27 PM »
I'm fairly sure its not a 555 timer rapid fire as they have a tact for on/off and also it is on the trigger, however what they are doing is using a micro-controller to replicate the 555 timer mod but for PS3.

It seems like a good idea at first but as many people have discovered using a pot to adjust speed is really quite inaccurate. Say if the max speed on a game was exactly 9SPS, it is very easy to set the speed to exactly 9SPS using digital inputs like tact switches. Using the pot method you are likely to never achieve a speed of exactly 9SPS and therefore will always end up with slower rapid fire.

technically wouldnt you be able to get around some mod blocks because of that? or am i mistaken lol

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 07:21:54 PM »
thanks hyper, for setting me straight on that. makes sense also , just the way the video showed thought they might have used something like they did with the 360 controller.     

Rodent consoles mods

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 07:26:35 PM »
technically wouldnt you be able to get around some mod blocks because of that? or am i mistaken lol

Kind of it just makes it really difficult to get the absolute maximum speed, you will always end up like 0.5SPS slower than the max.

Offline gunner7553

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • will void warranty
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 07:53:32 PM »
Ive been looking a trying a 555 rapid fire like this that worked off the trigger i was wondering if any one could link me to tut  on how exactly to do this every one i found never really worked correctly. i would like to see how this works. thanks.

-gunner7553

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 07:57:55 PM »
Ive been looking a trying a 555 rapid fire like this that worked off the trigger i was wondering if any one could link me to tut  on how exactly to do this every one i found never really worked correctly. i would like to see how this works. thanks.

-gunner7553

For xbox 360 controller
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,25338.0.html

Rodent consoles mods

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 08:35:14 PM »
 :dntknw:
they sell these kits on ebay but i wanted to check with u guys first if anyone seen this i wouldnt mind contributing to this guys code is he really made it like he claim he did  :boxed:
good concept nonetheless

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 04:57:46 AM »
I looked at the install instrucitons. I can personally vouche this guy has been making his own codes since before the opensource releases.

This is not a 555 timer. His board only has 2 8-pin chips and 1 resistor/capacitor. The 555 needs alot of resistors and capacitors to work correctly. (PS: You can add a gate to turn the 555 timer on and off, which is not the case here since its even more components to make happen).

It is obvious to me this guy uses a pot directly into a 8-pin PIC and uses the analog input to read the pot voltage and uses that for speed. The second 8-pin IC is most likely an opto coupler or analog switch to manipulate the button presses. This was used by the old PS3 design (AcklikeyouKnow did this also). The PS3BMU code monitors the timed pulse train and manipulates it using correct timing. But if you use an optocoupler/analog switch, you dont need to use timing, you can have simple code outputs instead.

So the theory behind this guys kit is to use the pot directly into the PIC to determine speed.

PROs: Interesting method. You can adjust on the fly, or I should say you can see the speed at the same time you are adjusting it.

CONs: You can never get the same speed twice. As Hyper mentioned, with a digital value you will always know you have the fastest speed possible for your game that does not get mod-blocked. You can find that with a pot (eventually) but you cannot replicate easy over and over again. Also, a digital value is replicated across every chip you program. You can almost never adjust two seperate pots the same. One reason for this is the resolution of the pot is usually less than the resolution of the PIC.

In my opinion, this guy could have done alot more. He simply uses the pot for adjustment and an on/off tact. Damn sloppy code. I would have made it three/four modes. You enter a 'programming/edit' mode and only then the pot would adjust the speed. Once you saved the speed, that converted digital value is saved in EEPROM and you can switch speeds by changing modes and always get the same 'hand-tuned' values. You would only need the pot when you planned to change the speed for each mode.

It would take very little to add this ability to the opensource PS3 BMU.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 08:30:03 AM »
I looked at the install instrucitons. I can personally vouche this guy has been making his own codes since before the opensource releases.

This is not a 555 timer. His board only has 2 8-pin chips and 1 resistor/capacitor. The 555 needs alot of resistors and capacitors to work correctly. (PS: You can add a gate to turn the 555 timer on and off, which is not the case here since its even more components to make happen).

It is obvious to me this guy uses a pot directly into a 8-pin PIC and uses the analog input to read the pot voltage and uses that for speed. The second 8-pin IC is most likely an opto coupler or analog switch to manipulate the button presses. This was used by the old PS3 design (AcklikeyouKnow did this also). The PS3BMU code monitors the timed pulse train and manipulates it using correct timing. But if you use an optocoupler/analog switch, you dont need to use timing, you can have simple code outputs instead.

So the theory behind this guys kit is to use the pot directly into the PIC to determine speed.

PROs: Interesting method. You can adjust on the fly, or I should say you can see the speed at the same time you are adjusting it.

CONs: You can never get the same speed twice. As Hyper mentioned, with a digital value you will always know you have the fastest speed possible for your game that does not get mod-blocked. You can find that with a pot (eventually) but you cannot replicate easy over and over again. Also, a digital value is replicated across every chip you program. You can almost never adjust two seperate pots the same. One reason for this is the resolution of the pot is usually less than the resolution of the PIC.

In my opinion, this guy could have done alot more. He simply uses the pot for adjustment and an on/off tact. Damn sloppy code. I would have made it three/four modes. You enter a 'programming/edit' mode and only then the pot would adjust the speed. Once you saved the speed, that converted digital value is saved in EEPROM and you can switch speeds by changing modes and always get the same 'hand-tuned' values. You would only need the pot when you planned to change the speed for each mode.

It would take very little to add this ability to the opensource PS3 BMU.

do i smell a new code coming on? :beg:

i tried to edit bmu and everytime id get a "gun jam" in cod blk ops
yeah once again cool concept it was mentioned youll be able to adj on the fly 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal