Author Topic: ALL MODDERS WHICH RETRO CONSOLE WOULD YOU MOD?  (Read 3641 times)

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
ALL MODDERS WHICH RETRO CONSOLE WOULD YOU MOD?
« on: July 18, 2011, 12:01:56 PM »
Alright guys, I was  wondering which console would you mod or be an interesting console to mod. There is alot of older consoles out there that would be great to mod, but which would be the most interesing?

Just to name a few,

atari 2600, or any atari game console that has been made in the past.

Nintendo any of there game systems

Sega game consoles,

Game Cube

I am looking to mod something other then a 360 or ps3 or psp or wii, need something different to mod, and might not give me any ideas but might bring some to our fellow modders, would like to see what could be  in the  near future of older console mods, but new up to date mods , not somthing you already have done. I will be looking for something to make myself to bring to the table when I find something that interest me would like to see what you all come up with .

Modders bring IT! :tup:

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline loboplayero

• hardcore psp modder!!
  • MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • specialize in psp led lighting!!
Re: ALL MODDERS WHICH RETRO CONSOLE WOULD YOU MOD?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 04:56:34 PM »
well me i been having some ideas on my old nintendo 64 and ps one i think ps one might b the easiest but will love to do the 64 cuz it looks much harder to modify what would i do dont know lol i guess i go at random  :laughing:

Offline Drakon

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 04:26:53 PM »
I only got into console modding a year or two ago and I've already done a bunch of mods that were never done before (and a lot of mods that were done before too).  I focus on the nes, snes, and sega genesis.  All you need to do is research on the consoles and their peripherals and find the weaknesses and try to fix these weaknesses through modding.  Here's some examples:

The snes super scope is actually a very well designed peripheral...however there's one stupid design flaw to this piece of hardware.  It takes 6 aa batteries....and it's not portable...and it eats through batteries fairly quickly.   I have no idea why they designed this thing to take batteries.....so I did something about it:

http://consolemods.freeforums.org/the-nintendo-super-scope-no-battery-edition-t40.html

The nes is actually sort of a goldmine for things that can be improved upon.  For such a popular piece of hardware there's a lot of potential improvements that can be done.....I sorta fixed them all

http://hackaday.com/2011/07/18/hacking-your-nesfamicom-console-for-better-video-and-audio/

I actually wound up using a custom av famicom modding kit from japan because the quality of this kit was far better than the american mods I found for the NES

Back over to the snes I'm sure a lot of people remember the superfx games and how fun they were.  However these games were extremely choppy and suffered from a horrible framerate.....that is....until I came along

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/super-nintendo-classic-star-fox-overclocked-to-run-smoother.html#_=1315159559875&count=horizontal&id=twitter_tweet_button_0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.retrocollect.com%2FNews%2Fsuper-nintendo-classic-star-fox-overclocked-to-run-smoother.html&text=Super%20Nintendo's%20Super%20FX%20Star%20Fox%20Overclocked%20to%20Run%20Smoother%20%7C%20RetroCollect&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.retrocollect.com%2FNews%2Fsuper-nintendo-classic-star-fox-overclocked-to-run-smoother.html&via=RetroCollect

It's all about thinking outside of the box.  A couple of years ago I thought to myself "I'd like to really fix all these hardware limitations" and surprisingly I fixed them all..
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:29:19 PM by Drakon »

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 04:34:10 PM »
ive really been wanting to mod my snes, r ps one, Other than that id like to see some awesome original nes mods.

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline MrPete1985

• Registered BST
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 05:00:03 PM »
Either NES or SNES they were my favorite growing up and I would love to see what someone can do with them

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 05:25:48 PM »
The sega.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline Nevbox

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +12/-5
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 02:45:18 AM »
Clear Gameboy Advanced
or and my Gamecube but can't think of much to do with it.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 03:02:19 AM »
original xbox's are always fun to mod. Plus you can turn them into something useful like an xbmc.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 11:00:13 AM »
id say the N64 would be fun to mod

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal