Author Topic: need ideas for new parts.  (Read 6545 times)

Offline wolf212851

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Acidmods User
need ideas for new parts.
« on: August 28, 2011, 02:54:45 PM »
ok im working on a xbox 360 but while working on it the heatsinks broke i dont know how it happened.i'm guessing the storm messed them up alittle.but also i got my so called "friend" to tell me that the disk drive he gave me with his console when i bought it was a fake and he wount give me a new one. so im on the edge with this xbox.

i've been reading about this heatsink called "THERMALRIGHT TR-360 XBOX 360GPU COOLER" and wounder what you guys think about it is it worth the money or should i just try to get normal heat sinks again?

plus on top of that the fan doesn't want to work.so what kinda fan should i look into?

im also planning on adding little heatsinks into the console if this will effect the main heatsinks.
plus the air tunnel broke into like 7 pieces and the case also broke so i need a case to lol.

if you can provide me a link or even some info about them. i know for this one im asking alittle much but im hoping to get this one up and running top notch better then what i have before. so any help would be extremly awsome and ill be really thankful for it to.everyone i talked to so far is number one in my book of awsomeness. :#1:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: need ideas for new parts.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 06:54:11 PM »
if you dont have the original dvd drive, you have a paper weight. It will not play games.

how are the heat sinks broke? they are milled aluminum, they dont just break. if you stripped a screw replace it, if oyu stripped the hole, retap it. the fan dont work is concerning also, test the plug for voltage to see if its the xboz or the fan.

I think you should get your money back, one way or another. From the sounds of it the xbox you have is garbage.

I dont mean to be a :censored:, just saying....

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 06:58:29 PM »
WOW, thats not sounding to good wolf, better check the  mother board over really good, while your at it, only way the heat sync could crack is if someone took a hammer to it, its very thing and not much thinkness on the gpu sync at  all. and if the wrong drive is in it, its probably just a glorified dvd player. sorry to hear or say that but it happens alot .

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 08:21:12 PM »
i agree, how are the heatsinks broken?
bent fins? broken fins?
the shroud you could probably make yourself, but without its original dvd drive its useless.

but rodent isnt there a way to flash the dvd drive to work with a different motherboard?
My systems:  -PSP 2001, CFW and PSP 3000 shell.  -PSP 1001, LED mods, custom firmware, speaker mods, sound reactive LEDs.  -Black NDSL, LED mod, 0.5x and 2x speed mod. 

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 08:24:24 PM »
i agree, how are the heatsinks broken?
bent fins? broken fins?
the shroud you could probably make yourself, but without its original dvd drive its useless.

but rodent isnt there a way to flash the dvd drive to work with a different motherboard?

aslong as you have the  right key from the orignal drive, you could spoof it  to  anotherr drive, by making it think its one drive and actually being another drive  is how that works but if you  dont have the  matched keys to the board it wont read games , just thats how i was explained  it.

So if  keys dont match the mobo it  will just play dvds and music cds

Rodent consoles mods

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 11:17:16 PM »
that sucks :/
then good luck wolf :S
My systems:  -PSP 2001, CFW and PSP 3000 shell.  -PSP 1001, LED mods, custom firmware, speaker mods, sound reactive LEDs.  -Black NDSL, LED mod, 0.5x and 2x speed mod. 

Offline wolf212851

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 07:28:57 AM »
for the heatsinks i dont even believe it the fins are bent and cracked alittle and the pipe that goes to the other heatsink is cracked all around.the motherboard does work i know i tested it that is how i found out the fan doesn't work or the disk drive doesnt respond to the games.i know it really is confusing but here i had a extra pair of heatsinks but they went missing so im alittle steamed and confused.but i've been looking into the "THERMALRIGHT TR-360 XBOX 360GPU COOLER" heatsink i've been hearing alot of stuff about it but wanted to check to make sure.if it is worth the money then ill get it.or any heatsink mods around that you recomend.the fan im looking into this one tha lights up and is silent at the same time.but again since this is open for anything im willing to put money towards it.and as for the case i may go clear case for the heck of it.

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 08:28:39 PM »
you could probably use a pga478 heatsink for the cpu if you tapped holes to attach it to the motherboard.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 09:06:39 PM »
yea that would be a good idea what zack said, wish we had some pics so we could see exactly whats going there with the heat syncs

Rodent consoles mods

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 09:12:51 PM »
In case you haven't seen the news wolf, per the recent announcement of a new glitch, if you don't have the DVD key of the console, you may be able to retrieve it, depending on the version of the console.

Offline wolf212851

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 06:13:30 PM »
magic_man185 ill check that out.
but what should i do about the heatsinks?
and i got another xbox 360 i want to practice water or liquid cooling.so what parts would you say?don't worry about the money income.
and other trick for my xbox while i still got it open.

so far i am going to get the small heatsinks for the extra chips.
and maybe that THERMALRIGHT TR-360 XBOX 360GPU COOLER on one and thepga478 zack247 said about on the other to see what happens and what not.as for pics i can do the motherboard but i threw out the heatsinks :/ wasn't thinking with my first day of school being hell.putting me in 11th grade when i should be in 12th.but yea that sounds like somewhat of a plan to try out

Offline DARk_ANGEL

• Acidmods Rocks!!!
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +5/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 10:37:40 PM »
well the way i see it is that your friend wanted money from you and the fan is used to take heat out and is very important also without the original dvd drive you could take that xbox and football punt it .
and ive heard that heat sync is good idk i havent tryed it search it up on google for reviews

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 02:29:14 AM »
I gotta ^^^^^AGREE^^^^ with Dark_Angel, but with the new way of extracting the key if the right board you  might be able to fix it. and as for Liquid Cooled xbox your best bet is to talk to crazy-modder, he  has done a few liquid cooled xboxes and knows his stuff about them.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:31:17 AM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline wolf212851

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 06:45:03 AM »
i read some reviews about the THERMALRIGHT TR-360 XBOX 360GPU COOLER alot of people love it because with the extra heatsinks on it it adds more playing time.but one person showed that he had to move a compasitor when i put it in but alot say its a simple drop in with the hybird clamp kit to help it.
as for the fans well i dont know which one to get.i know there are the standard then the taslismoon and another one i forget off the top of my head but i head that its ok.
and i think i did talk to crazy-modder about that he keeps asking about the money income and wount answer any other questions without that because of the parts and what not.

Offline wolf212851

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 07:30:54 AM »
ok here are some links to pictures i found for somewhat of a idea

this link is like a line up of the different heatsinks.im not sure about the last one though
http://www.jtdsoftware.com/360_slim_mods/xbox_360_heatsink_lineup_02_19_2011.jpg

this one is what i was thinking of doing eather way no matter what heatsinks i get(i know a lot of people who liquid cool use this trick)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/393/xbox360heatsinkaddondc1.jpg/sr=1

as for the ThermalRight TR-360 xbox 360 GUP heatsink i found this form where some guy bought it to fix the three red rings of death.he did run into some problems but i think he said he likes it eather way.he shows pictures and explains alittle plus to start of he has a xbox 360(fat).
http://forums.planetxbox360.com/general-xbox-360-discussions/33092-thermalright-tr-360-xbox-360-heatsink-review.html?s=b4a4f793f11eb4d5334bd1be26207985

and here is the fan i was looking at getting to replace the old ones.its a XCM 360 high speed air cooler kit.
http://cdn.everyjoe.com/files/130/2006/05/XCM%20360%20High%20Speed%20Fan%20for%20Xbox%20360.jpg

my mom took the digital camera for awhile so when she gets back ill take some pics off the motherboards.its looks just the same without the heatsinks and fans or any extras.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 09:03:23 AM »
Wow those are amazing heat sinks if only those where used in the beginning it would have solved a lot of heating issues.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline wolf212851

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 09:11:09 AM »
i know i got to buy alot of the parts

Offline grantfar

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 06:42:59 PM »
check out the reset glitch to recover your dvd key from the motherboard. also just buy a normal heat sink, replace the xclamps (don't over tighten) then drill holes in the metal inner case for the new screws

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal