Author Topic: Is 3D Gaming Dying?  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Rythion

• Blogs & Media Team
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +5/-0
  • PSP Modder
Is 3D Gaming Dying?
« on: September 27, 2011, 01:40:26 AM »
The title speaks for its self, is 3d dying in games? We are getting so close to a new year and it seems that 3D gaming hasn't really got a lot of attention as it should get this year (excluding out new member of 3D games). Which comes to thought of, are company's wasting money on 3D games and consoles, such as the 3Ds?

Speaking of the 3Ds. Did you guys know that 1600 gamers took a survey for Interpret LLC and they found out that 28 percent of respondents dislike the 3D feature of the 3DS. Only 22 percent thought the 3D feature enhanced gameplay while 13 percent prefer to play with the 3D option turned off entirely. Now 3d in gaming isn't really a bad thing is my personal opinion, Its just a new and a exciting way to bring a new experience to a verity of people around the world or another way to cause you nausea and dizziness problems. Either way, the only ones that can truly decide if 3d gaming has come to a end is you. Do you really think that 3d games have come to a end or is it something that need too be improve in the years to come?
You choose.

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
Re: Is 3D Gaming Dying?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 01:50:37 AM »
3D technology still hasn't been perfected to this day. For best results you need to play on a TV larger than the one above, actually you may need a projector on your wall for best effect and most people dont have one.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline Rythion

• Blogs & Media Team
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +5/-0
  • PSP Modder
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 02:12:46 AM »
3D technology still hasn't been perfected to this day. For best results you need to play on a TV larger than the one above, actually you may need a projector on your wall for best effect and most people dont have one.
True but there is a lot of people that don't want a bigger TV or a projector because they don't want to take the chance that it will turn out bad. Therefor they ignore 3d instead of being very interested in it. Poor 3d is getting neglected.=/ 

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 02:58:12 AM »
True but there is a lot of people that don't want a bigger TV or a projector because they don't want to take the chance that it will turn out bad. Therefor they ignore 3d instead of being very interested in it. Poor 3d is getting neglected.=/
first awesome article nice to see some life breathing back in to blogs and media besides the regular girls   whitetop and fren(:P)     might wanna add that 30 percent of the worlds population can't see 3d including  famous actor johnny dep   i seen that in a movies place trivia question i for one can't see the difference

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 03:31:33 AM »
i personally think 3d in handhelds is a waste of time and on screens should be on a tv 46" or above minimum.  3d gaming i dont think will have chance to flourish till new consoles come out as currently if you play games in 3d you only get 720p from what i know and wont be able to game in 1080 3d till the next lot of consoles so this is probably why not many games support it plus there would possibly be higher production costs to make the 3d games.  one benefit i can see comeing to gamers from 3d tvs is if updates to consoles and tv's are made available the use of full screen multiplayer as each player would wear a set of glasses which would shutter at different times to the other players in time with the change of player image on the tv to allow multiple players to have full screen gameplay but this due to the added graphics speed needed (proccessing 2 or more full screens of different graphics simultaniously and switching between them very fast)

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline MrPete1985

• Registered BST
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 08:18:17 AM »
I for one cannot wait for the 3D fad to go away again seems like every 10 years they try to bring it back and it fails, once they get the holodeck from star trek then I will be interested.

as for the 3DS I have one and don't use the 3D function because it hurts my eyes too much after about 15 minutes of play, instead of 3D I would rather had a mini HDMI port to connect it to the TV most games you only really need the top screen anyway
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:22:00 AM by MrPete1985 »

Offline BUDDHA_123

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • omg!!!! PS3
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 12:22:56 PM »
I think it would be great if it wasent so expensive

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 03:00:38 PM »
well the 3D feature is a waste these day since it is still not fully developed. But i do see promise in the 3D feature in the future for things such as 3D virtual gaming or 3D Virtual Training Simulations (3DVTS) for military operations or for surgery procedures.

But as for handheld... maybe not...unless of course they can find a way to prevent it from causing headaches.

But as for the title of this thread, i do not think it is dying. But it is regressing out of gaming.

(Personally i think the new 3D Cameras have extreme potential for future uses in recreational use and business use.But again is not completely perfected.)

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 08:04:47 PM »
ive played a 3ds and i have to say i hate the 3d feature too.
i dunno about the rest of you guys, but when that 3d mode is on it really messes with my eyes, not even a minute in i had to turn it off, my eyes were watering from trying to adjust to that.
in other words, BLEH.
My systems:  -PSP 2001, CFW and PSP 3000 shell.  -PSP 1001, LED mods, custom firmware, speaker mods, sound reactive LEDs.  -Black NDSL, LED mod, 0.5x and 2x speed mod. 

Offline MeltedCrayons

• Registered BST
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +7/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 11:26:07 PM »

Did you guys know that 1600 gamers took a survey for Interpret LLC and they found out that 28 percent of respondents dislike the 3D feature of the 3DS. Only 22 percent thought the 3D feature enhanced gameplay while 13 percent prefer to play with the 3D option turned off entirely.

Proof or it didn't happen.

Offline Rythion

• Blogs & Media Team
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +5/-0
  • PSP Modder
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 12:39:42 PM »

Offline Rythion

• Blogs & Media Team
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +5/-0
  • PSP Modder
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 12:40:09 PM »
ive played a 3ds and i have to say i hate the 3d feature too.
i dunno about the rest of you guys, but when that 3d mode is on it really messes with my eyes, not even a minute in i had to turn it off, my eyes were watering from trying to adjust to that.
in other words, BLEH.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:20:48 PM by Rythion »

Offline MeltedCrayons

• Registered BST
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +7/-0
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 10:12:45 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal