Author Topic: X360 key Released  (Read 4440 times)

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
X360 key Released
« on: October 13, 2011, 09:03:42 PM »

http://www.xk3y.com

The x360Key is a new product from the famous Wiikey Team. Famous for the most popular line of Wii modchips, they dominated the market right up until a device called the WODE came out. The WODE has been an extremely successful product because its basically a hardware hack that allows you to run games from a harddrive, instead of your original disc. Instead of the Wiikey team bringing out the same product, they have been concentrating for over a year on doing the exact same thing for the xbox 360, and here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXDgMo0P4M0&feature=player_embedded

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/xbox-360-key-xk3y-external-usb-hdd-dvd-emulator-black-103176

let the games begin.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:20:38 PM by phantomz0 »

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
Re: X360 key Released
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 10:41:29 PM »
Whats the downside to this? will it flag your system?

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 05:25:02 AM »
If you check their website, Live support is a work in progress, meaning right now it is not safe for Xbox Live.  So yes, if you use this now on a live system you will probably get flagged and banned.  In my opinion I don't ever think it will really be safe for live.  Even if they make it safe for live, all it takes is one update from MS and it might be detected.

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 05:44:19 AM »
If you check their website, Live support is a work in progress, meaning right now it is not safe for Xbox Live.  So yes, if you use this now on a live system you will probably get flagged and banned.  In my opinion I don't ever think it will really be safe for live.  Even if they make it safe for live, all it takes is one update from MS and it might be detected.
Oh yeah totally agree with you. Was just wondering is all.

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 05:55:15 AM »
i like the fact that now i can ditch the huge dvd drive, and put a bigger heatsink on the gpu.

Offline Kool1zero

• Code Monkey
  • Registered BST
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +5/-0
  • Computer, Electrical, and Network Engineering Stud
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 07:29:53 AM »
If only it worked for live
Stolen from f00kz

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 07:32:45 AM »
i like the fact that now i can ditch the huge dvd drive, and put a bigger heatsink on the gpu.
You may or may not be able to remove the drive completely.  The emulator hooks up between the drive and the motherboard.  They have not specified if the drive can be removed once the emulator is hooked up.  One complication I can see to that is if the drive communicates with the motherboard during start up, then the emulator takes over or something like that.  It is very possibly the emulator relies on the drive being present for some reason.  If this is something you want to do I would recommend emailing them and asking that question.

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 08:04:44 AM »
You may or may not be able to remove the drive completely.  The emulator hooks up between the drive and the motherboard.  They have not specified if the drive can be removed once the emulator is hooked up.  One complication I can see to that is if the drive communicates with the motherboard during start up, then the emulator takes over or something like that.  It is very possibly the emulator relies on the drive being present for some reason.  If this is something you want to do I would recommend emailing them and asking that question.

apparently the dvd drive doesn't need to be connected, skip to 3:10 in the video http://youtu.be/wIHIiaIU9o4

it would make for a cool mod, with the display and buttons integrated into the console somewhere

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 08:21:36 AM »
I stand corrected then, I don't usually have audio if I watch the videos, and I usually don't even watch them, lol.

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 08:26:39 AM »
I've gone off this now it doesn't support live... it used to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qWCdznDGRg

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 09:05:42 AM »
Thanks for the article phantomz0. Great work.

-TwisT

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 11:19:22 AM »
thanks for the article aswel. £80 a pop is a bit pricey, might aswel just buy a jtaggable motherboard instead

thanks toad and indy for the sigglys

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 11:23:07 AM »
what ima wait for see if it even makes into a future firmware update is ability to rip games straight from the drive
im not gonna sit here hours on end to download iso's
but this will go in price due to the reset glitch hack

ps no mods are ever gonna be xbl safe dont u think M$ has a team dedicated to stop people like this?
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline MrPete1985

• Registered BST
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 12:21:22 PM »
I ordered one just gotta wait for the shop to get more in stock, I would think this is just as safe as CFW on live if not more safe because it is a hardware emulation and the devs are not limited by the 256kb in the DVD-ROM firmware

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 01:26:10 PM »
Its all conjecture.

Right now, they say they dont support Live? Thats not worth $100+ USD then.

Its not worth $100+ USD even if it did support Live.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 07:47:20 PM »

also if it did need to be connected wouldn't just the drive controller be good enough? like in the ps3?

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 06:25:42 PM »
Not necessarily. I guess it is pointless now as in the video they say you can remove the drive, but before I knew that and I had mentioned needing the drive, I thought they might still use the drive for drive timings or something like that.  If that were the case that might actually need the optics of the drive.  Again, doesn't much matter since you can use it without the drive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal