Author Topic: Xbox 360 no video help  (Read 920 times)

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
Xbox 360 no video help
« on: October 11, 2011, 06:22:05 PM »
Hey guys, my friend gave me his xbox to fix, and whats wrong with it is, theres no video at all, there sound but no video, i tried hdmi, and like blue and orangish squares came up and started flickering, then went black, the sound works fine, and the dvd drive opens and everthing, He said it was havin overheating issues, and he got it fixed, i can tell whoever fixed it did a cappy job, because some thing on the case were put in wrong and are bulging. he said he put another fan it it or somthin, so the fans are super loud. ill post a vid in a minutes, but i was wondering how i can fix it?

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: Xbox 360 no video help
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 06:26:22 PM »
this is an easy fix as long as he didnt over heat the board, post the video and we will see what is going on. if you got the case apart,...

what you need to do is take off the x- clamps clean the gpu and cpu up with some artic clean or 90% alcohol, i perfer artic clean does a better job, then you want to  re - apply new artic silver 5 thermal paste very thin coat to the gpu and the cpu  chips and the little chip on the  gpu. then turn it on , should work if not then unplug the fan and let it over heat once it over heats turn it off disconnect everything power supply and avi cables. then plug it all back in and turn it on should have video.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 06:28:30 PM »
Alright, ill post the vid in a minute, Im not goin to take it apart till tomaoorow though.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 06:29:35 PM »
Ok sounds good hopefully you will get it fixed! :) It hurts me to  see axbox 360 not working :)

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 04:20:45 PM »
this is an easy fix as long as he didnt over heat the board, post the video and we will see what is going on. if you got the case apart,...

what you need to do is take off the x- clamps clean the gpu and cpu up with some artic clean or 90% alcohol, i perfer artic clean does a better job, then you want to  re - apply new artic silver 5 thermal paste very thin coat to the gpu and the cpu  chips and the little chip on the  gpu. then turn it on , should work if not then unplug the fan and let it over heat once it over heats turn it off disconnect everything power supply and avi cables. then plug it all back in and turn it on should have video.
Thanks man, Got it working, He wanted me to jtag it, but it wasint jtaggable, so he said i can keep it!

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 04:53:05 PM »
Your welcome, glad you  got it fixed , and glad i could help you out . thats good you got yourself a free xbox 360 feel free to ask if you need more help

Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal