Author Topic: Bluetooth internet?  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Menace4

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Bluetooth internet?
« on: November 08, 2011, 06:30:47 AM »
This may sound stupid when you first read it, but if you can help, please, do it.
Is there a way my computer (Connected through LAN cable to i-net) with my bluetooth dongle to "emit"
internet through Bluetooth?
I've heard things about bluetooth internet, so please explain this to me. :help: :beg: :help:
EDIT: I heard It was called  Bluetooth personal area network (BPAN) or (PAN)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 06:38:30 AM by Menace4 »

Offline Kool1zero

• Code Monkey
  • Registered BST
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +5/-0
  • Computer, Electrical, and Network Engineering Stud
Re: Bluetooth internet?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 07:50:53 AM »
http://mobileoffice.about.com/od/phonesformobileworkers/ht/bluetooth-cellphone-as-a-modem.htm
 first result on google?

your difficulty if probably going to be an adapter that supports that bluetooth profile
basically just run the network from one laptop and you could connect from the other using the appropriate bluetooth profiles i *think*
Stolen from f00kz

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 12:58:52 PM »
if you have a windows or linux OS on your computer with bluetooth hardware or even a bluetooth dongle attached you can connect with bluetooth. but only from a bluetooth enabled device like a cellphone.

But if you mean is there a way to access a computers internet via bluetooth then yes there is. it uses the same protocols as the bluetooth modem (cellphone) uses.

But it also depends on what you are tyring to connect to that bluetooth signal with.

I can help you but you need to be more specific in the details. (EX: what kind of computer you have, what is the bluetooth device you are trying to connect with and what kind of bluetooth hardware you are trying to use to transmit the signal)

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline Menace4

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 08:05:43 AM »
I have a bluetooth-enabled Fujitsu siemens V6535 and a Toshiba nb520-10c lime green with a usb bluetooth dongle. I wanna transmit internet signal from my F-S (which is connected to the net by a LAN Cable) to my Toshiba laptop with a small dongle.

Offline Menace4

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 06:42:26 AM »
Actually I found this:
http://fun-tutorial.blogspot.com/2011/05/share-pc-internet-to-se-phones-via.html

But no info on PC to PC connection

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 09:37:10 PM »
pc to pc connection is very simple. all you need to do is locate your other computers wifi signal and connect to it and that will create the Ad Hoc connection you need to share internet via wifi. (assuming you have wifi) and on bluetooth you would have to find your other computers bluetooth signal and connect to it.
then in the bluetooth settings you would have ti enable internet sharing, as well as you would have to enable internet sharing in the windows network center

on linux it would operate the same way but with less hassle.

and i dont know if you could do that on a Mac.

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal