Author Topic: fan mod help  (Read 1234 times)

Offline thevipper

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +1/-0
fan mod help
« on: November 14, 2011, 06:09:36 PM »
ok i got a used ms serviced back in 5-23-2009 xenon board, has the heat syncs upgraded and looks like they also might have added a benq to it at the same time or someone did lol says janary 2008 on the drive (could a xenon even come with a benq when it was first bought). so im looking to do fan mods to it and just looking for the best mod atm i know any fan will work im looking at plug and play's atm. im looking at the xcm cooler v2 fan mod and tailismoon whisper quiet fans. out of those 2 witch would be the better mod first as i would just have enough to get 1 atm lol. i will also be adding a very small laptop cooler that has 3 fans powered by usb witch the fans can be taken out and add them to the bottom that will blow hot air out through the bottom through some holes i will make and prop it up higher.

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
  • If all else fails, reflow it
Re: fan mod help
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 03:01:25 PM »
im using a 80mm 12volted pc fan sitting on top of my gpu sink on my zephyr 

as for the benq possible. someone might have switched lids? idk.

i had a xenon. and the case matched the board. the serial numbers and the manufacture date was 2010!. wtf? lol

strange things happen.

Offline thevipper

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: fan mod help
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 03:23:32 PM »
the thing is for the benq drive i have not hooked it up to make sure yet but not just the sticker matches up as a benq the drive tray and the wires in the hole matches up also but im not sure about the board in the drive but if those things matches then it should still be a benq this xbox was like a virgin when i bought it the only sign that it wasn't was the sticker in the back witch said service date instead of mfr date so it's not lol so it's been poped twice lol well anyways as long as it's a benq i can care less what board i have ill just pop alot of fans on it and power most of them up by usb ill have my computer close to it and use it's usb ports i was just looking at those for right now but they are kinda expensive i can just buy some reg fans and do it myself im just what you call a bonified lazy a** and look for the fast way not the cheap way i guess lol

edit to not double post
i just picked up a 80 mm 3 speed antec fan cause im boared and thought about it for a while and said i dont need those my xbox is so close to my computer i can just hook up a fan to my unused molex connectors on my comp and put it in my xbox im gonna move my dvd drive out of my xbox znd stick it outside there is just 1 problem im going through my mind i cant grasp atm and im not ready to stick my shell back on yet to try it lol will the eject button still work like it's suppose to with out the dvd drive or do i need to modify it to work right
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:54:24 PM by thevipper »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal