Author Topic: Computer Chip Mimics Human Brain  (Read 2444 times)

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
Computer Chip Mimics Human Brain
« on: November 17, 2011, 03:02:54 AM »

Feel like your computer regularly outsmarts you? A team at the MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology labs created a chip that could make your computer a bit more human-like when it comes to tackling new tasks.

The new computer chip can mimic the way the human brain responds to information and remembers it--an attribute known as "plasticity". The silicon chip contains 400 transistors, which allow it to stimulate the motion of two neutrons in a brain connecting together and letting information pass through. Of course, in order to do this, the brain needs ion channels to control the flow, such as potassium and calcium. MIT's chip also mimic the different ion channels, meaning the chip operates in analog instead of binary modes.

The aim of the chip is to help researchers--such as neuroscientists--learn more about how our brains work. In the future, an evolved model of the chip could be used in prosthetic devices, such as artifical retinas or even controlling robots.
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline COREGAMER

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • I <3 LEDs
Re: Computer Chip Mimics Human Brain
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 04:37:57 AM »
hmm interesting

Nice find m8
"A Gamer is only as good as his hardware"

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 11:22:23 AM »
Awesome. See When and if I die. I would love to have my consciousness transferred to the internet.  so I Would be able to control everything. I would make copies of myself all over the world. Would be totally awesome. a Chip like this might help achieve that goal. (Skynet) #Justsayin

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 11:37:07 AM »
Awesome. See When and if I die. I would love to have my consciousness transferred to the internet.  so I Would be able to control everything. I would make copies of myself all over the world. Would be totally awesome. a Chip like this might help achieve that goal. (Skynet) #Justsayin

im on that :censored: like donkey kong - i would love it for a company to create a way to transfer your conciousness to the internet and create a virtual world where we could all walk round and build stuff in and what you do is before you die you buy a package that includes the uploading of your conciousness and you can then pay extra for expansion room so that as you drift around the net and this virtual world oyu can expand your knowledge and save your new memorys and interactions.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 06:12:04 PM »
im on that :censored: like donkey kong - i would love it for a company to create a way to transfer your conciousness to the internet and create a virtual world where we could all walk round and build stuff in and what you do is before you die you buy a package that includes the uploading of your conciousness and you can then pay extra for expansion room so that as you drift around the net and this virtual world oyu can expand your knowledge and save your new memorys and interactions.

totally bro your on my level right now. That would be so awesome!

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline RyanF

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 07:41:36 PM »
If this became reality, how would we slap somebody over the internet? It won't hurt because you won't feel it.

Offline COREGAMER

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • I <3 LEDs
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 04:31:20 AM »
we wouldn't slap them

we would just say "Bazooka" and a bazooka would appear.
and then just bazooka the other guy
"A Gamer is only as good as his hardware"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal