Author Topic: Help Please, Games Not Working After Installing Title Update In Cache Folder  (Read 4590 times)

Offline tmoney153

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I'm having a problem with my Jtag. I don't know what's wrong because I never had this issue before until recently but for a lot of my older games (red dead redemption, saints row 2 etc...) when I put in a title update & when I try to play a game my xbox says that I have to redownload the game & boots me back to the main menu, I just tried to put on the Title Update for NBA 2K12 & my xbox said that I have to redownload the game but when I deleted the title update, the game started working normally. I wanted to play/use the DLC so I needed the Title Update but when I install it in my Cache folder & try to boot up the game I get the message "that I have to redownload the game" or something of that nature. I thought that if I cleared out my cache folder & reinstalled them that this would fix this issue but it didn't. I tried searching but I couldn't find a solution. I did come across something that I have never tried & never knew about but they said that if you press Y on the "default.xex" file that you can patch the "xex" & this would fix the issue. Is this true or is there a solution on how to fix this issue? Any help would be much appreciated

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
use xm360

Offline tmoney153

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
use xm360

Thank you so much modded matt for responding. I've never heard of xm360, but I'll give it a try. do you know what is the cause of getting the "redownload game" message when putting in a Title update?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
you cant just dump the update into the cashe, you must patch the game itself. use xm360, yaris swap, or something similar

Offline tmoney153

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
you cant just dump the update into the cashe, you must patch the game itself. use xm360, yaris swap, or something similar

Nobody has never told me that you have to patch the game before installing a title update, I use yaris swap to patch the DLC , I din't know that you can yaris swap title updates

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
looking around the net I see people saying they no longer need to patch the xex, they say just copy the tu into the cashe file...I guess it depends on what other software your running on the jtag

Offline tmoney153

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
ok I'll give it a try, thanks again

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
If your running FSD2 (which im not sure why you wouldnt be) you should be able to download the tu through its game options menu

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
  • If all else fails, reflow it
ive had this problem also.. when i installed black ops tu. same thing. im on fsd. and i tried to patch it using xextool. didnt work. hope you have luck!!

Offline tmoney153

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
ive had this problem also.. when i installed black ops tu. same thing. im on fsd. and i tried to patch it using xextool. didnt work. hope you have luck!!

I'm sorry to hear that, black ops is on my list of tu's I need, did you ever get it to work?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
snow, go to your game in fsd, press y(game options), then go to download tu(xbutton) or upload tu(ybutton) depending on what your doing and bam.....done.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 10:43:19 AM by modded matt »

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
  • If all else fails, reflow it
snow, go to your game in fsd, press y(game options), then go to download tu(xbutton) or upload tu(ybutton) depending on what your doing and bam.....done.

i will when i get a power brick and a controller. lol

Offline tmoney153

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User

I'm on fsd, in my games but I don't have an option for y. Mine says:
A-start game
X-Game Details
RB-Only Favs
R Analog-view trailer
B-Back
I thought maybe it would be in game details, so I clicked X & now I have a Y-options but when I click Y, it only has what category to have the game in (Xbox 360 Games, Hombrew etc...)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
sounds like you need to update fsd. to version 2+

http://youtu.be/zywtVUjHob8

Offline tmoney153

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Yeah I think so but I'm nervous because I didn't do the jtag myself & I don't want to do something that I have no business doing & I end up messing up my jtag features
I think I found a solution though, I ran my defauult.xex files thru abgx360 to see if the media-id matches up with my Title Update media-id but it just had a whole bunch of zeros, so I've read that this means that the default.xex is most likely corrupted & I need to get an untouched original default.xex. I've found one for saints row 2 & I replaced my xex with this one & installed the tu & what do you know it worked fine & all the DLC were activated. I have a lot of games though & it will take me forever to redownload the games, extract the ISO, I'll have to get the iso & not a jtag rip so that I can be positive I'm getting getting an untouched xex). Is there a program that I can use to fix my corrupted default xex so it goes back to it's original form or is there a site that has just all untouched original default xex's?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal