Author Topic: PSP 1000 Faceplate Replacement Help!  (Read 7883 times)

Offline Snake Plissken

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
PSP 1000 Faceplate Replacement Help!
« on: December 29, 2011, 03:21:54 AM »
Greetings, I'm in dire need of replacing my PSP 1000's faceplate; but I've run through a frustrating mill of knock-off and 3rd party faceplates. -Where the center viewing piece looks almost spot-welded into the frame of the faceplate's casing, with revealing (jagged) edges on the outside (unlike a genuine where the screen's plastic is 'one' with the plate).

I hear of this place called "ziquexstore.com", it's based in China, and I've heard good things about them (that they sell high-quality close-to OEM wholesale PSP housings, ect).

I'm looking at this:

http://ziquexstore.com/en/sony-playstation-series/psp-1000/housing-shell/original-housing/original-genuine-psp-1000-black-front-faceplate.html

Any ideas? -Thanks in advance!

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
Re: PSP 1000 Faceplate Replacement Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 04:11:33 AM »
in my experiance nothing realy comes close to the feel of oem without having to modify the shell a little

thanks toad and indy for the sigglys

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:15:32 AM »
Ziquexstore is good. I buy all my psp housings from them and they are as close to OEM as you can get.

I would reccomend buying from them anytime.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:16:57 AM by Crumbz »

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline Snake Plissken

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 01:02:04 PM »
Ziquexstore is good. I buy all my psp housings from them and they are as close to OEM as you can get.

I would reccomend buying from them anytime.

Cool, so would it be wise for me to go with the one I found above? -Do all their faceplates look spitting image to the originals in cosmetics (in dual-layered screen appearance, as if the center viewing plate is 'one' with the entire plate-piece), if that makes sense?

Oh, and it'll be shipping to the USA, do they send it quite prompt and in a well-padded box/envelope, or China-slow-boat?

EDIT: One more question, will I need to buy 'their' buttons/joystick for the plate, or will my OEM ones that came with my PSP the day I bought it work just fine within theirs?

Thanks a ton guys for the help!!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:06:32 PM by Snake Plissken »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 03:02:25 PM »
you are confusing me with this: (in dual-layered screen appearance, as if the center viewing plate is 'one' with the entire plate-piec)

ur factory nub will work with any faceplate

I have only bought from coolmods. it took about two weeks to get to florida as they are uk based.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 04:02:52 PM »
you are confusing me with this: (in dual-layered screen appearance, as if the center viewing plate is 'one' with the entire plate-piec)

ur factory nub will work with any faceplate

I have only bought from coolmods. it took about two weeks to get to florida as they are uk based.

Sorry, went too 'technical'; I think the term I'm looking for is "injection molded screen". Original (OEM) Sony faceplates (the plate on the psp when you buy it) are distinguishable from 3rd party mods or knock-offs you buy for like 9.99 on Ebay.

On a genuine/quality faceplate, the edges of the central viewing piece are transparent to the entire faceplate. -On a knock-off/3rd-party you can tell the center viewing piece is 'spot-welded' into the plastic, with edges and dings sticking out like a sore thumb.

Here's a clear-as-day example of what I mean:

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:08:20 PM by Snake Plissken »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 04:29:28 PM »
wow, yea that is clear. I have luckily never had one that cheap. the ones I got from coolmods were all one piece. but that was years ago

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 07:19:47 PM »
Sorry, went too 'technical'; I think the term I'm looking for is "injection molded screen". Original (OEM) Sony faceplates (the plate on the psp when you buy it) are distinguishable from 3rd party mods or knock-offs you buy for like 9.99 on Ebay.

On a genuine/quality faceplate, the edges of the central viewing piece are transparent to the entire faceplate. -On a knock-off/3rd-party you can tell the center viewing piece is 'spot-welded' into the plastic, with edges and dings sticking out like a sore thumb.

Here's a clear-as-day example of what I mean:

Great example!!! Hope you stay around because that is literally just what I was about to say.  You explained that wonderfully...

Ziquex is good, and they have different ratings for housings. High Quality, Grade-AA, OEM, etc.  That link looks to me like glossy housing, not the injection type.

http://ziquexstore.com/en/psp-1000-black-super-high-perfect-quality-full-housing-faceplate.html

That's what you're looking for.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:21:10 PM by nEoVaLoR »

Offline Snake Plissken

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 08:20:26 PM »
Great example!!! Hope you stay around because that is literally just what I was about to say.  You explained that wonderfully...

Ziquex is good, and they have different ratings for housings. High Quality, Grade-AA, OEM, etc.  That link looks to me like glossy housing, not the injection type.

http://ziquexstore.com/en/psp-1000-black-super-high-perfect-quality-full-housing-faceplate.html

That's what you're looking for.

Thank you nEoVaLoR!!! -Oh I plan on hanging around for a while, I love modding/tweaking/improving anything I can get my grubby hands on! ^_^

This might indeed be the 'ticket'; does Ziquex ship out of China/Hong Kong (air mail/boat mail), and do they ship items well-protected from post-transit damage?

Thanks again!!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:35:33 PM by Snake Plissken »

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 11:13:23 PM »
Yes ziquex is good with their packaging. They sent me a psp 2000 screen in a styrofoam box with bubblewrap inside and another foam moulding for the screen it sit in. It was three layers of protection. And the ship by airmail. So free shipping is 2 to 3 weeks shipping.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:14:37 PM by Crumbz »

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline Snake Plissken

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 11:49:02 PM »
Well I'm sold, gonna order it tonight!

-I also found the exact item (nEoVaLoR suggested) on one of Ziquex's sister 'whole-sale' sites called "http://360supercheap.com", it has the same pics as Ziquex shows plus more, and i gotta say, this looks like THE REAL DEAL! (But I'm gonna order it off of Ziquex.com of course.)

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 02:27:35 AM »
Thank you nEoVaLoR!!! -Oh I plan on hanging around for a while, I love modding/tweaking/improving anything I can get my grubby hands on! ^_^

This might indeed be the 'ticket'; does Ziquex ship out of China/Hong Kong (air mail/boat mail), and do they ship items well-protected from post-transit damage?

Thanks again!!!

Yes, Ziquex ships by air mail.  The items are very well packaged.  Bubblewrap, foam sleeves and all.  My boxes came with pretty much no damage.  And the housings were in mint condition of course.

Looking forward to seeing more from ya :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal