Author Topic: Going to Restore My Old Psp 2000, Need Advice.  (Read 2102 times)

Offline RenebladeZ

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Going to Restore My Old Psp 2000, Need Advice.
« on: December 30, 2011, 10:00:23 AM »
Hello to all.
   I'm trying to restore an old psp of mine, it's a 2000. I have no battery or battery cover, so I ordered a battery on Amazon. However I wanted to know the communitys' opinion on where to buy a good fitting, high quality (but not too expensive) shell casing for it, to change the color of the psp altogether. I need to order 2, a white and a red. (White Case, red buttons. Good, no? :yess:  ) I was looking online and all the casings I found were reviewed and people said they didn't fit correctly, bad quality, paint chipping, or a combination of all. It would be great if the cases came with the required screwdriver(s) to disassemble and reassemble the psp.

Thanks for all help in advance.

Offline terriquez94

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Going to Restore My Old Psp 2000, Need Advice.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 06:35:55 PM »
I've done this too about 32 different psp's and the housings fit the psp perfectly! There is MANY colors to choose from. Each kit includes the housing front and back, all screws, and stickers for model number/warranty/and the Sony info sticker that is under the battery. Really high quality stuff. Runs about $16-$20 bucks. Screw drivers are NOT included but you can find them in ebay for really cheap. All you'll need is a small Phillips screw driver suitable for a psp and a small flathead screwdriver as well for flipping open ribbon cables and removing the LCD screen. (Make sure the tools you buy are anti static and anti magnetic, a psp can really suffer some damage even if your being careful). You can buy the housings at Aliexpress.com.  just search "psp 2000 housing" or 3000 if that's the model you wish to restore. Hope I helped.
P.S. the website may seem a little sketchy and look fake but its a trusted website and I've been buying products from there for the past two years.Not a single problem.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:38:56 PM by terriquez94 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal