Author Topic: Need help with Carpal tunnel and Xbox360 Controllers  (Read 2283 times)

Offline narukthul

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Need help with Carpal tunnel and Xbox360 Controllers
« on: February 09, 2012, 04:00:30 PM »
I play xbox360 fps's and I can no longer play them for more than 10 minutes because the xbox360 controller has given me extreme carpal tunnel. I experience pain and stiffness in my wrists all the joints in my thumbs and the joints in my pinky fingers. The main problem with the xbox 360 controller is that is so big and unwieldy that I have to grip it very hard to get precision aiming in fps's and that in turn causes/aggravates my carpal tunnel. The right stick is in a position that keeps your thumb stretched out the entire time causing thumb strain. My friend has a ps3 and now I have to go over his place to play mw3 because the ps3 controller barely aggravates my carpal tunnel.  I can use a ps3 controller for hours without worsening my carpal tunnel. I believe the difference is mainly because the ps3 controller is lightweight and small making my fingers hold and orient the controller as opposed to gripping very hard on the xbox360 controller's huge grips to maintain precision aim.

Would it be possible to take a xbox360's controller's components and put them into a ps3 controller shell and use it to play on the xbox360? Or if you guys could think up an even better controller design to reduce carpal tunnel stress I would be incredibly thrilled. Could you give me an idea how much such a controller would cost?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Need help with Carpal tunnel and Xbox360 Controllers
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 05:00:16 PM »
XCM Cross Fire Converter will do this

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal