Author Topic: Help Please PS3 Slim Not Powering On Correctly  (Read 4746 times)

Offline tmoney153

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Help Please PS3 Slim Not Powering On Correctly
« on: May 03, 2012, 10:54:28 AM »
Today I just got a bundle of multiple systems (xbox 360's, ps3's etc...) I have a reflow machine & I know how to fix YLOD's & RROD's and what not, but I have never came across a PS3 slim that didn't work, I only know how to fix fats. Anyway I plugged in the slim & without touching anything the system turned on but there were no led lights by the power button & then the fan started spinning real fast & loud & then a couple of seconds later the system just shut off (Nothing would happen when I pressed the power button or eject button). Before I start to take the slim apart I wanted to know from somebody with more experience on here, if this is a common issue with slims that don't work & does the slim just need a reflow or is it a more serious issue? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Update: I reflowed the slim & put on some new arctic 5. I then switched the PSU with another slim that I have that works, as well as the power button deck just in case there was something wrong with the power button. Unfortunately the ps3 still had the same problem. As soon as I plugged in the power cord, the fans came on & were spinning fast & were loud & then a few seconds later the ps3 just shut off. Again there was no red or white led lights around the power & eject buttons

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
Re: Help Please PS3 Slim Not Powering On Correctly
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 08:50:05 PM »
seems its not a ylod issue seems like a corrupt nor etc funny :censored: is same thing happens to an xbox 360 when you erase or have a corrupt nand
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline tmoney153

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 01:07:32 AM »
seems its not a ylod issue seems like a corrupt nor etc funny :censored: is same thing happens to an xbox 360 when you erase or have a corrupt nand
Do you know how I can fix this problem?

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 05:07:12 AM »
Do you know how I can fix this problem?
I had the same issue with BlazinKaos PS3 it  except the leds would turn on, it was a phat model.... would only go to the  first part of the main menu where you had to press the PS button on the controller.  Try swapping out the harddrive ... could be the issue.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline COREGAMER

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • I <3 LEDs
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 05:16:21 AM »
Try entering service mode and update your firmware from there.
Was it switched off during an update?
"A Gamer is only as good as his hardware"

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 05:32:01 AM »
thats what i think happened it was switched off or power was lost, during update..

Rodent consoles mods

Offline COREGAMER

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • I <3 LEDs
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 08:44:27 AM »
thats what i think happened it was switched off or power was lost, during update..

Well then hopefully Recovery mode should fix the prob

P.S - I said service mode in my previous post but Recovery mode is the right term
"A Gamer is only as good as his hardware"

Offline tmoney153

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 11:50:03 AM »
I had the same issue with BlazinKaos PS3 it  except the leds would turn on, it was a phat model.... would only go to the  first part of the main menu where you had to press the PS button on the controller.  Try swapping out the harddrive ... could be the issue.
I'm not sure that the hard drive is the issue because it did this without a hard drive being inside the slim.

I'm not sure if it was shut off during an update because it's not my PS3, so I don't know the past history of the system. How can I enter recovery mode if the system doesn't power on. As soon as I plug in the power cord, the fans just start spinning really fast & shut off within a couple of seconds. There is no red light on the ps3

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 02:53:29 PM »
I'm not sure that the hard drive is the issue because it did this without a hard drive being inside the slim.

I'm not sure if it was shut off during an update because it's not my PS3, so I don't know the past history of the system. How can I enter recovery mode if the system doesn't power on. As soon as I plug in the power cord, the fans just start spinning really fast & shut off within a couple of seconds. There is no red light on the ps3

yea i think or believe the hdd is corrupt

Rodent consoles mods

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 04:33:30 PM »
you cant enter service mode on all firmwares plus you need a dongle and all that crap
try these steps
1. Turn off Playstation 3 duh  :yess:
2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown hold the power button down again until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

edit: ahh its screwed because if it was a failed update itll give u a red screen of death that sounds like a hardware issue since itll auto kick the fans when power is applied with no push of any buttons

edit 5/5/12
sure the power/eject button isnt messed up?
after reading this thread again sober lmao sounds like its doing a force eject/fan test
when you power on the ps3 while holding the eject button itll force the blu ray drive to eject anything in the drive great method for ylod with games stuck in the drive
itll also run the fan test which is basically what your describing itll kick the fan from silent medium high and full blown fan speed youll hear it in series
try replacing the power eject button remember not all slims are part interchangeable trust me there not lmao i learned the hard way once use the cech etc on the slim to find replacement parts

edit:sorry i was trying to help guess i forgot to click the modify button sue me

please do not double post you should know the rules 3D0
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:00:55 AM by 3D0 »
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal