Author Topic: Tools Needed for flashing/repairing  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Luigus

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +6/-3
  • PSP-Direct Team
Tools Needed for flashing/repairing
« on: October 30, 2012, 06:22:01 AM »
Hey guys.

I decided to actually by all the tools i need to start flashing peoples xbox drives for a small business. Seems like more and more people ask me now.
I want to know what to buy, since there's such a wide variety of products online these days.

>Ok so i know that for the slim drives you cant use the SATA VIA card. So the X360usb is a must (also much easier to use and setup)

>I'm also buying the ck3 mini, i heard that power the drive from the xbox causes a flag? (also again much easier to use and setup)

>Then i read about the new firmware lock on slim drives after the update. So i need some kind of unlocking tool. It seems like there's 3 things to choose from.

1) Unlocked PCB: a whole new PCB board for the drive that can be flashed with custom firmware.
Definitively too expensive to buy for each customer

2) Probe, as far as i read this is a one time thing, you hold it against the trace to unlock it while you flash the xbox, and that it.
This seems like the option i want to go with since i can buy one, and use it on each xbox

3) LT Switch, correct me if i'm wrong but this you solder onto the PCB permanently and you switch it to flash the drive, and switch it off again if your finished, I think this is more for people wo do recurring flashes themselves, to make it a whole lot easier.

So then my buy list will be:
1) x360USB
2) Ck3 mini
3) a Probe, i don't know which one yet, i was hoping you guys could tell me which one to buy, as cheap as possible too please.. ( i was thinking of buying the ck3 probe)

Thanks for your time

`Luigus

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Tools Needed for flashing/repairing
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 09:10:20 AM »
for the slim, it depends on which liteon drive you have. the winbond needs to be drilled or a replacement drive. the mxic drive needs the sputnik probe or get the replacement drive. i would get the replacement drive as that would be easier. i believe you can read the drive as is when connected to your pc through sata or x360usb.

Offline Luigus

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +6/-3
  • PSP-Direct Team
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 02:21:25 AM »
Thanks for the help, i ended up buying the x360usb pro v2, and its super awesome, making backups soo easy... plus it has the ck3i on board

:tup:

`Luigus

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 03:45:54 AM »
you need these items

X360usb
sputnik360 probe
Probe 3 also you want the power cable that has the 3volt switch to turn on and off the drive very helpful.

also what i found out , i got tired of hooking and unhooking all my power from my PC so i took a old power supply from a computer, and use that for powering on and off my drives, just used a jumper wire to power the power supply on, and less chance of frying something on my computer, due to i was always using the Via sata card, I still have to use that for some drives. Hitachi drives i seem to be a real pain to flash worst then the slims.  these are some really good post you made Luigus  it will help others also with flashing . Hopefully I can get some time or if another member can make some tutorials for flashing certain drives. 

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal