Author Topic: psp 3004  (Read 3339 times)

Offline squid

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
psp 3004
« on: November 18, 2012, 06:30:18 AM »
hi

i have just got a job lot of psp 3004 in,some already have cfw on them and i want to remove the cfw cos i want to sell them on ebay,but i can not cos they will not update due to the cfw plus i just dont want sell them on ebay due to combacks when they press select the cfw menu will come up and people will say whats this i want a refund,you know what customers are like on ebay lol.

also ive got two or three what i think are bricked, one turns and a solid white screen  another turns on but you can see a black screen lcd lights up.

i have brought a datel red tool battery also a lexar 1gb magicgate memory stick hope this may help me.

if any one would be able to help me sort these problems would be most grateful

thanks

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
Re: psp 3004
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 06:49:29 AM »
what cfw are they on? and for those bricked ones try turning on the psp with the r shoulder pad pressed should take you to the recovery menu
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 07:20:43 AM »
Well the one with the white screen is truly done. I have a mobo like that and its the result of water damage to the GPU. The ones with the black screens however are save able. Do what 3D0 said and turn them on while holding the R trigger and it should load the recovery menu. Disable all plugins and it should start OK.

As for removing CFW you need to enter recovery and check that the update feature hasn't been disabled. Also let us know what CFW they are running. I can help but I have to know what CFW I'm dealing with.

Also if you cannot find a way to update to OFW you can either force update with Hellcats Recovery Flasher or using a Pandora's Battery provided that the PSP you are trying to flash is a flash able PSP. 1000 and 2000 PSP models up to Tue TA-088v3 are flash able. Anything else on that version or above will be bricked if you try and flash it. So MAKE SURE you check the motherboard model BEFORE you try and flash any of those PSP's.

How to tell what the model is. There is two ways. You can open it and read the little sticker on the motherboard OR you can use PSP TOOL. Not sure if I still have a copy of the program or not. But I'm sure you can find it on Google if you look enough.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:28:03 AM by Crumbz »

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline squid

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 11:40:29 AM »
just a bit more info that might help the one with the white screen,shows the playstaion screen than goes into the white screen

a black one, the green light comes on than goes out after bout 30 second chargers as normal screen does not light at all

another one turns you can hear sound and you can move dpad and hear the moment sound when your on the dash but screen is dim black lit

another one green light comes on for only couple seconds and goes out maybe fuses ?

have tried the holding the r thing seems to do nothing

cant tell ya what cfw is on the ones that wont light cos cant see the screen

thanks

EDIT: oh just add i have three psp gos green light comes and than goes off after 10 to 15 seconds done bit i have allready checked the fuses backlit etc there fine think these are fully bricked they wont connect to usb either,think there good for the bin lol

[gmod]Please do not double post click modify to edit[/gmod]
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:34:21 PM by Rodent »

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »
just a bit more info that might help the one with the white screen,shows the playstaion screen than goes into the white screen

this one just has a white backround. makes it hard to see. Its the wallpaper glitching out after an attempted .prx mod. Try just changing the BG Color if you can. Or try holding the R Trigger when turning it on to see if they have recovery installed.

[quote[ a black one, the green light comes on than goes out after bout 30 second chargers as normal screen does not light at all [/quote]

this one sounds like a plugin brick. can be fixed by accessing the OFW. (Some of the new firmwares have dual support and so it can be hard to tell what is wrong with a psp just by word of mouth) Try pressing the home button when starting up as well as it might be a dual booted OS

another one turns you can hear sound and you can move dpad and hear the moment sound when your on the dash but screen is dim black lit

open it up and try bridging the backlight fuse for the screen. there is a tut for that on this site i believe.

another one green light comes on for only couple seconds and goes out maybe fuses ?

sounds like there is a short somewhere. try opening it up and cleaning the insides with a soft brush (EX: use a soft brush on the motherboard to remove any potential debris that might cause a short.)

EDIT: oh just add i have three psp gos green light comes and than goes off after 10 to 15 seconds done bit i have allready checked the fuses backlit etc there fine think these are fully bricked they wont connect to usb either,think there good for the bin lol

well in my experience the psp go is the one system from sony that is tempermental. I have one here that does the same thing now. used to work fine but the motherboard dosent have proper ventilation like the psp does and s the motherboard seems to die faster. At least thats what ive come to believe. But if you are going to scrap them at least salvage off all the parts you can like screens and speakers and batteries and if not to badly damaged the housings and buttons and ribbon screen cables.

even though some thing might not work there is usually always something you can save.

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 12:19:30 PM »
yeah push comes to shove sure members would be all over the parts if you decide to part them off
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal