Author Topic: Possible NAND issue with OG Blade dashboard 360  (Read 2171 times)

Offline srsparky32

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Possible NAND issue with OG Blade dashboard 360
« on: November 26, 2012, 02:13:01 PM »
Hi guys. So, i got a 360 from a friend of mine because it wasnt working, and i thought i'd see if i could get it to work.

So, it had the 3 rings of death so i reflowed the solder and was able to get it working. Then i went to the dashboard, and saw it was a blade dash. like this:

aka the good one thats made for jtag and stuff. Anyway, i get the E79 error whenever the box turns on now. (Will show the spinning xbox logo and then error) I was wondering if you guys had any insight on how to repair this, seeing as the blade dash is actually quite rare and really good for jtag and stuff.

Things i have done:

-Tried two different hard drives
-Booting WITHOUT hard drive
-Unplugging/replugging console numerous times.

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
Re: Possible NAND issue with OG Blade dashboard 360
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 03:24:07 PM »
did you happen to try and jtag it? or after the reflow it gave you a e-79? how did you reflow it? heatgun? hot air machine info like that its crucial
if you didnt try and do anything im sure it failed again another reflow should fix it if you cant get access to someone that can reball
make sure you use quality no clean flux under the chips etc
also what board is it? if its a xenon those are horrible they heat up like no ones business keep that in mind
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 03:32:42 PM »
take a video of the console internally  and what it does when you power it up... Sounds like your E- code is wrong.  unless one of the trace's are bad due to someone tried to jtag it alread...  i have this issue with one like this also but mine boots fine till i go to jtag it.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline srsparky32

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 04:19:58 PM »
did you happen to try and jtag it? or after the reflow it gave you a e-79? how did you reflow it? heatgun? hot air machine info like that its crucial
if you didnt try and do anything im sure it failed again another reflow should fix it if you cant get access to someone that can reball
make sure you use quality no clean flux under the chips etc
also what board is it? if its a xenon those are horrible they heat up like no ones business keep that in mind
Looks like an Xenon. Reflowed with the bake trick. i know its not the best way, but it works. I did not try to jtag it.

Also it was working fine and then all of a sudden gave me E-79.

take a video of the console internally  and what it does when you power it up... Sounds like your E- code is wrong.  unless one of the trace's are bad due to someone tried to jtag it alread...  i have this issue with one like this also but mine boots fine till i go to jtag it.
Internally? you mean open it up then start it up and take a video? All it does when i power it up is start up normally and then it crashes to the E-79 error code on the display after about 2 seconds. I dont think it was jtagged. buddy of mine gave it to me and said that if i can fix the rrod its mine. and he dosent have the technical knowledge needed to jtag.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:22:32 PM by srsparky32 »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »
Oven baked it? thats probably the issue then , the nand is probably loose. try pressing on the nand chip and see if thats the issue your lost some ressistors in the process. or other small components   try to take some good pics around the nand...  even though it booted the first time it might of shorted something out or you bumped it never know this is why when we have issues like this , close up pics and videos help us get to the problem. :)

Rodent consoles mods

Offline srsparky32

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 05:42:49 PM »
Oven baked it? thats probably the issue then , the nand is probably loose. try pressing on the nand chip and see if thats the issue your lost some ressistors in the process. or other small components   try to take some good pics around the nand...  even though it booted the first time it might of shorted something out or you bumped it never know this is why when we have issues like this , close up pics and videos help us get to the problem. :)
okay, ill crack it open and see what happens. i didnt oven bake it, i just let it sit without a fan for like 2 minutes till it went from 3 lights to 2 lights. then turned it off and let it cool.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 06:07:50 PM »
okay, ill crack it open and see what happens. i didnt oven bake it, i just let it sit without a fan for like 2 minutes till it went from 3 lights to 2 lights. then turned it off and let it cool.
you probably did more damage to it then was needed , make sure its a e-79 and not a e-74 error.  seems more real to me to get a e-74 then a e-79

Rodent consoles mods

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 09:29:21 AM »
I told you these guys would be more able to help. You did not tell me you overheated it. You said you re flowed....... Glad I did not trade you mine.... Good luck with fixing it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal