Author Topic: Xbox 360 dvd drive  (Read 1712 times)

Offline crankgod26

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Xbox 360 dvd drive
« on: February 03, 2013, 07:58:06 PM »
Ok so I went under my bed I forgot I had a Xbox 360 under there and It still works its just that the DVD drive it is plugged in and everything and I checked to see if its plugged in and the middle light on the rft board still flashes any ideas? To fix this? I got like 5 other motherboard so getting parts will not be a problem?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:11:46 PM by crankgod26 »

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Xbox 360 dvd
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 08:03:23 PM »
try changing the sata and power wire for the dvd drive. if that does not work, try a different dvd drive to see if the middle rf light stops blinking. if it stops with another dvd drive, then you possible have a bad dvd mobo.

Offline crankgod26

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Xbox 360 dvd
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 08:07:34 PM »
try changing the sata and power wire for the dvd drive. if that does not work, try a different dvd drive to see if the middle rf light stops blinking. if it stops with another dvd drive, then you possible have a bad dvd mobo.
it works fine with other drives but it only blinks with this one so does this mean I have to change the DVD key ?

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Xbox 360 dvd drive
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 08:26:02 PM »
the drive motherboard might be bad. try a replacement drive board and flash your keys to it.

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 08:36:01 PM »
from the looks of it no power or data is being sent meaning that dvd board might be shot
i would first try and extract that dvd key via jungle flasher if not you'll need to rgh it to grab the dvd key rodent did an excellent tut on it
once you obtain the dvd key you can flash it to any dvd drive
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline crankgod26

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 10:39:12 PM »
Yeah that's what I'm thinking I got so many extra Xbox 360 motherboards from my,friends and stuff I even got a 3 jasper ones that are jtag able and Im taking one of Hynix chips off of one of the Jasper's and putting it on that one that works  because I know for sure that this one is the original firmware he never updated it do you think it will work?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:41:10 PM by crankgod26 »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 12:47:07 AM »
Ok so I went under my bed I forgot I had a Xbox 360 under there and It still works its just that the DVD drive it is plugged in and everything and I checked to see if its plugged in and the middle light on the rft board still flashes any ideas? To fix this? I got like 5 other motherboard so getting parts will not be a problem?
1st of all  the reason it is blinking is due to the fact its not in the right postiion. meaning opened all the way or closed all the way. The only other thing that can cause this is someone tried to flash the dvd drive and didnt do it properly.  being that i see  you mentioned it is a jasper. I am thinking its a lite-on dvd drive.

first thing i would try is like everyone else suggested is to take and replace the sata cable or the power cable . If that doesnt work then i would take it apart and clean it and make sure the try is working properly. So many people try to manually open the dvd drives and mess up the gray tray and causes it not to close all the way . so look everything over really good.

If its a bad flash it could be bricked. and you have to unbrick it which is very easy to do. I have purchased many consoles with this issue and usually a pretty simple fix.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal