Author Topic: Old school back with a 360 slim. Lost touch with mods and flash need help  (Read 99325 times)

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Dont Think That Will Work. I Am Looking At A Dead Trinity I Have And It Doesnt Have Two Small Black Components Like Yours, Its One Big One.

If You go On Tx Website And Read The Rgh For Noobs, It Will Tell You Everything You Need And Need To Do On Rgh. Only Thing Is That Guide Was Made Before The Corona Boards Was Made. But It Is Updated Regularly.

I been going back and forth on the TX website. Most of the post will tell you somethings the rest I have to ask on here since I can not register on TX. Even if the site gets some update stuff doesn't mean they will have answer for me :/ some times people ask question on troubleshoot with the same basic "check driver" solution, but even after that doesn't work the thread gets unanswered. So I am left to figure out on my own. Turns out it was my desktop OS that was causing the issue. If I could register (but I know server are still overloaded so register is down) I will be answer and ask more question.

So I will need to get either way a Corona.. Does it have to be specifically a 4gb corona board? I hate the thought of ending the mod here and losing $180 on nothing (minus parts) I still do not know how I manage to burn some parts out. I flashed the CR with corona 4-3 and set it back up like regular.
...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
Browse Ebay And Try To Get Some Pictures From Seller. Specifically Ask For The Bottom Of The Board. I Havent Seen All Corona Boards Myself, Only The V4. So Search Arou.D Some More And Find One Thay Has The Same Components.

I Started Just Like You, Bought An Xbox Tried To Rgh With No Real Nowledge And Fried A Perfectly Working Xbox. And Just Like Evryone Is Suggesting I Read And Read And Read. And Now I Rgh For People. Lol Like We Said When You First Started, You Picked One Hell Of A Console To Start On.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Browse Ebay And Try To Get Some Pictures From Seller. Specifically Ask For The Bottom Of The Board. I Havent Seen All Corona Boards Myself, Only The V4. So Search Arou.D Some More And Find One Thay Has The Same Components.

I Started Just Like You, Bought An Xbox Tried To Rgh With No Real Nowledge And Fried A Perfectly Working Xbox. And Just Like Evryone Is Suggesting I Read And Read And Read. And Now I Rgh For People. Lol Like We Said When You First Started, You Picked One Hell Of A Console To Start On.

Yeah it does suck lol first attempt and my board burns out somehow.Yeah I am on ebay now, I just did a search and found a corona v2 (4gb)entire console just bidded I know I wont win it. I also found a corona board (unknown version) RroD nothing but the board for buy close look its very very similar I can pull the parts http://www.ebay.com/itm/XBOX-360-Slim-Motherboard-CORONA-FREE-SHIPPING-/151056730745?pt=US_Video_Gaming_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item232baeca79 <--I might buy that. If not I might just go ask Rodent for a hacked trinity

Or why not ask you :) Gizmo do you have a slim trinity I can buy off of you?

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
yeah i have a slim trinity, it currently has a stock hitachi dvd drive as they cant be flashed. but with the news i just posted about tx make a board for the hitachi chassis, it will be able to be flashed. and then i can probably dual nand it. the thing with this trinity is if i flash back the stock nand, the dvd drive wont work. but if i flash the rgh nand, itll work and play fine.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
yeah i have a slim trinity, it currently has a stock hitachi dvd drive as they cant be flashed. but with the news i just posted about tx make a board for the hitachi chassis, it will be able to be flashed. and then i can probably dual nand it. the thing with this trinity is if i flash back the stock nand, the dvd drive wont work. but if i flash the rgh nand, itll work and play fine.

Hmm well I wanted to continue to do the xkey thing. Though it will be cheaper to dual NAND and I do have an internal 120Gb hard drive for the xbox slim. Hmmmm is that a common thing for the trinity? BTW how much will you sell for??

random is fun

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
If you ditch your rgh parts then let me know. I mat be interested. :)

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez

lol for sure dood :) I hope the board I bought will help fix my board parts. I am crossing my finger, either case I am also going to desolder the CR and the QSB and test it out to see if I can boot to dash

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Too bad i get first dibs since i donated 

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Too bad i get first dibs since i donated 

Lol rodent does have first dibs :) thank you man for all your help. Lets hope the used board I got can help me by pulling off parts on it. Like I told vision hard part is going to be the top with the wide part. Going to have to do the small parts around then higher the temp. to get the wide part lose and slide it off in one swoop.

random is fun

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
Pooh. Rodent sucks hahah. JK big guy. I hope to see this to completion one way or another. Good luck with the new board heartache!!

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
For gizmo heres the image of the quick swap of components to my board

So first of, the image posted is where I removed the QSB from. Looking through the image back I am missing a resistor which will be fixed. I will take one off the the broken board.

The replacement components Not a bad soldering

Quick shot for gizmo of the QSB, the upper corner where I managed to pill the trace and pads off. Kind of sucks :/ to do that but well learning lesson

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
comparing with my qsb, you might be able to reuse your qsb. but i need to see the other side of the qsb. the top side with all the component.

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
Oh yeh. I have a feeling this mod will see completion!!! I can't wait. How is the case mod coming along btw?

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Oh yeh. I have a feeling this mod will see completion!!! I can't wait. How is the case mod coming along btw?

Lol I am hoping so :) have a shoot to finish it as much as I can

Right now :/ alittle bad I got the plastic weld which is what I needed as I was gluing the plexi in place I should have taped off the plexi cause the weld got all over it and bonded leaving like etched and bad edges. I hate how it looks so I need to break it out and remake another one and try again.

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
comparing with my qsb, you might be able to reuse your qsb. but i need to see the other side of the qsb. the top side with all the component.

Sorry I haven't posted in a few been a busy week

Gizmo the shoot of the topside of the QSB

I was also able to solder a resistor onto the board took me awhile about an hour or so to get it done also took 5 attempts.

Well That is it for right now working still on other things Hopefully I can get the "show on the road" per say get the hack going and finally finish.

I have my CR I might get this http://www.vgcrepairs.biz/xilink-dev-tools-jtag-parts/adapters/qsb-cr-upgrade-for-corona and avoid the crystal problem all together (Should have gotten this in the beginning)

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
the read write kit looks repairable. just follow the trace where the pads are lifted. it looks like only one pad needs to be hard wired from the corona board to the ribbon connector. also the corona qsb was what we suggested you buy in the first place. as you can see how delicate these are, you should get what will make it easier then you'll be more confident. patience is key when it comes to rgh.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
the read write kit looks repairable. just follow the trace where the pads are lifted. it looks like only one pad needs to be hard wired from the corona board to the ribbon connector. also the corona qsb was what we suggested you buy in the first place. as you can see how delicate these are, you should get what will make it easier then you'll be more confident. patience is key when it comes to rgh.

Awesome, I have some copper type laying around used it for some tron light bag mod for a client, got a big roll about 5 mm wide copper. I might be able to cut and glue down a small square and then solder the trace over the pad forming a new one. I am glad I am able to salvage the QSB.

I know, I wanted to go a cheap way around but I got more trouble than it was worth this time I am going to get that Corona QSB. Patient is very hard to do lol even when you have a lot of experience being patient it can get to you. But I agree I have patient I will take my time and give myself room to do things

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Alright so it has been a while since I have posted an update on the hack. I do apologize I have been going through some personal problem at home I am also fighting a chest cold.

anyways I was able to get some financial break and got some new parts.

I went ahead and got the CR_Upgrade with the 48Hz crystal

I also jumped the Corona QSB, I thought the brown line on the bottom was flux but it was actually where I ripped the trace and pad off. I went ahead and followed the trace to the top resistor and made my jump there.

I also got the comms USB cable for the QSB

I am setting everything back resoldering everything up.

Both my girlfriend and my mother both stubborn will not let me do too much. Gotta love the women folk for trying to keep me healthy and bored lol.

Time to do some research on my thread back step it and look for the soldering points :) I need to also find my ribbon for the Corona so I can rewrite the .ecc later on.

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
So a quick update i am feeling a little better coughing hard but its part of the "healing" process

I have finished soldering wire's from my CR_upgrade to my CR and installed driver to the comms USB cable.

So for some reason the comms cable shows up as NANDx update cable :/

After everything is rewired and a quick test :) red light when the power is connected (Already pre flashed the CR with 4-2)

A good sign is the CR green flashing and no smoking components yay

So this is where I am left off... No idea what to do from here

At this stage I have the com3 port in open mode while the CR flashes once every 8 seconds.

I know Rodent has said to flash the CR with RGH2 but I do not wish to burn more components :/ since I have no way to replace them. I will stick it safe with just RGH and try my luck.

Gizmo I await your reply

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
If You Wrote The Ecc And Timing Files, Make Sure Your Usb Cable Is Plugged In And Com Port Opened. Once It Glitches, The Black Field Will Fill With Green TexT. It Will Then Display Your Cpu And Dvd key.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
If You Wrote The Ecc And Timing Files, Make Sure Your Usb Cable Is Plugged In And Com Port Opened. Once It Glitches, The Black Field Will Fill With Green TexT. It Will Then Display Your Cpu And Dvd key.

okie great, Do I need to still need to connect the xbox 360 to the eithernet?

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
no.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
lol thanks for the direct answer.

It still will not work :/ been over 30 minute.

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5

I know Rodent has said to flash the CR with RGH2 but I do not wish to burn more components :/ since I have no way to replace them. I will stick it safe with just RGH and try my luck.

The console is on 15574 dash or later i believe you said its on 16203  so there for you need to program the coolrunner with RGH2 timing files this is why it hasnt booted.  and just glitches 

Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
The console is on 15574 dash or later i believe you said its on 16203  so there for you need to program the coolrunner with RGH2 timing files this is why it hasnt booted.  and just glitches 

I wanted to play it safe :/ I am afraid of burning out components. But you are right....... Well Since I did go through all the RGH list lets try to go through the RGH2 list.. who knows could have been the 48 Mhz crystal that started the component to burn out. The CR upgrade has its own and proper Crystal built in so lets try it out *crosses finger* going to try C for RGH2

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
select rgh2 and under corona, select 1-2 or 2-3 file. try that first as most people have better success with that file.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 05:59:58 PM by Gizmo613 »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
I wanted to play it safe :/ I am afraid of burning out components. But you are right....... Well Since I did go through all the RGH list lets try to go through the RGH2 list.. who knows could have been the 48 Mhz crystal that started the component to burn out. The CR upgrade has its own and proper Crystal built in so lets try it out *crosses finger* going to try C for RGH2
yes try that and make sure you have the jumpers set correctly on the REV C cool runners . JP and the 1 , 2, 3 jumper if used for corona

select rgh2 and under RGX, select COR_C file. try that first as most people have better success with that file.
yes that is what i have heard also 
gizmo knows just as much so he gives good advice for this :)

Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Okie I have the CR with jumper open and 1,2 Closed.

Ummm haven't we talked about using the RGX before in the thread lol it didn't work in fact it kept giving me error as I tried to flash the CR.

But I will try 1-2 or 2-3 under RGH2 setting.

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
i edited right after rodent quoted my post. my mistake not his. i am just so use to using a dgx-rgx conversion for slim consoles.

try 1-2 or 2-3 timing files. and if those dont work then try the rest. let me know if none of them dont work cause you can try the alternate xell for the corona.

also what happened to your ground wire? i see you are using a cpu rst blue wire for ground.
heres my setup for slims,

i would use the slim blue wire, uncut, and use this for post out 1. then i would use the ground wire for cpu rst to the top board alternate point. for the corona it would be point ft3t10.
i have same gauge wires for ground as the ones supplied with all tx glitchers. so i would make my grounds short as possible and thicker than the rest of the wires. slims are very picky, i had a matrix glitcher in a tinity board with all 30 guage wires and it would boot between 30sec - 2 minutes. i then used thicker gauge wires for cpu rst and ground, then my boots went to 15secs - 50 secs.

just a suggestion from previous experiences.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 06:27:03 PM by Gizmo613 »

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
I tried using the RGH2 C and got no flash, I was paranoid so I kept a watchful eye on the component that blew last time. I was sweating no idea still from the chest cold or because I was nervous LMAO.

I AM right now trying 1-2 and am getting a green LED flash every 8 seconds. I have the COMM port and com3 open. I will give it another 10 minute then try 2-3.

I honestly actually went through the RGH timing list gizmo with no change or activity :/ What is the other alternate to xell the corona?

random is fun

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal