Author Topic: Old school back with a 360 slim. Lost touch with mods and flash need help  (Read 99329 times)

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
you only need to use the alternate xell if your com is throwing jibberish text in the black box. read my suggestion in my last post.

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Yeah the com isn't throwing anything out infact nothing is happening like last time just more green led flashes.

Oh sorry just read it now. I couldn't find the black ground wire I do have thicker 28 to 26 gauge brown wire around but are very stiff and I would be afraid to rip the pad off the CR if anything were to happen.

I shorten the blue wire to the CPU_RST to 10cm and since I did not have a thicker wire for the ground with me I used the blue wire. I will have to play around then more :/ later on or someday.

Man this is annoying, bought the CR upgrade hoping for some kind of respond from the CR and i get the same :( very disappointing at this stage since I am back at the post before my component blew out i believe page 8 or 7
...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
looks like you are gonna have to go through all the timing files. and i would use the 28 gauge for the ground. but in the case of xbox slims, a dgx or rgx conversion is best used for key retrieval.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
looks like you are gonna have to go through all the timing files. and i would use the 28 gauge for the ground. but in the case of xbox slims, a dgx or rgx conversion is best used for key retrieval.

Im going through them now lol

Okie ill setup some wire for tomorrow to use and not sure if DGX is supported on a 4gb corona lol

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
It Is, Otherwise The Rgx Option Would Not Be There.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
lol okie i booked marked one *sigh* will need to wait till I get some kind of cash or client

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
Ok Razzle-Dazzle. Just Be Prepared When They Ask For Better Pics. loL. They Can be Brutal but Very Helpful Over There.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Ok Razzle-Dazzle. Just Be Prepared When They Ask For Better Pics. loL. They Can be Brutal but Very Helpful Over There.

lol yes I see I hardly have a good camera as is hahaha So far Nerd been good very proper :)

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Okie so I got the RGX with attachments lol as well I bought a new Corona 4gb r/w kit since i somehow lost the ribbon and still have the adapter with me lol

I want to go ahead and reset the .ecc to test the xbox for normal bootup. I know I should have done it before but couldn't for the life in me find the ribbon.

How can I rewrite the .ecc for standard bootup?

I also got the rgx if the xbox still works normally I will rewrite the .ecc and use the rgx

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
Just Rewrite Your Orogonal Nand Back And See If It Boots Normally. Of Cours Disconmect THe coolrunner. Also Did You Convert The Dgx Into A Rgx? No Rgx Comes.In A Box, Lol. You Would Program The Dgx Like You Would A Coolrunner, Except You Would Choose The Rgx Files For The Corona Board.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Just Rewrite Your Orogonal Nand Back And See If It Boots Normally. Of Cours Disconmect THe coolrunner. Also Did You Convert The Dgx Into A Rgx? No Rgx Comes.In A Box, Lol. You Would Program The Dgx Like You Would A Coolrunner, Except You Would Choose The Rgx Files For The Corona Board.

Okie i just dis solder the coolrunner and going to rewrite the .ecc i guess i choose the retail under the Xebuild option?

Lol I mean Dgx lmao thanks gizmo haha

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
Flash Your Original Nanf From When.you Initially Dumped The Nand. That Is Your Orginal. Flash That To See.if.Your Stock Nand Still Boots Nornally.First. Then Try The Rgx Ecc With The Dgx.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Flash Your Original Nanf From When.you Initially Dumped The Nand. That Is Your Orginal. Flash That To See.if.Your Stock Nand Still Boots Nornally.First. Then Try The Rgx Ecc With The Dgx.

I had to review the first 4 post to remind me how I dumped and write the nand lol I forgot I need to have cool runner installed. Need to resolder the CR back on so I can get rewrite the original NAND files in.

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
no, you dont need the coolrunner to dump your nand.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
no, you dont need the coolrunner to dump your nand.

No i needed the coolrunner to write the .ecc sorry my medication makes me a little loopy at times. I had to take off the 4gb w/r QSB and put on the new one that I got, I wasn't getting a read on my PC. I am having issue right now i got a bridge and on the QSB and am having trouble taking the bridge off I keep getting cold solder and the tip keeps sticking to it.

Scratch that I fixed the bridge gonna test it see if my PC pick up on the card.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:48:52 AM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
kool that you got it fixed, but you still dont need a coolrunner to read/write the nand or ecc.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
kool that you got it fixed, but you still dont need a coolrunner to read/write the nand or ecc.

well the problem is :/ the PC still isn't picking up the card like it used to, It is even getting stuck in jrunner looking up the drive list the progress bar get stuck or its a slow to drag and still will not pick up the 4gb on the list :/

Oh :) Got it! I retoke off the Coolrunner and went back on my points I didn't desolder the bridge for E,F and the 3v3 lol I just took off the bridge and tried again without the coolrunner :) worked just right I had to look over my points.

Well :) it boots up perfectly fine :) just wrote the stock .bin back to the nand and did a test run. Sorry I didn't update the post been taking care of my nephew this week while the fam are on vacation.

Gonna write the .ecc again and try again with DGX

I know xell didn't work out with the coolrunner got the DGX and right now in the process to write the .ecc to the xbox,

Is there another file I can use to write the .ecc with??
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 04:29:30 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
Take pictures of your setup, use the macro/flower options on your camera.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Take pictures of your setup, use the macro/flower options on your camera.

Okie I will

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Okie well I went ahead and writen the .ecc back to the NAND and started to work on the DGX install

Well using the "flower" setting on my camera this tends to happen :/

if the camera to close or on close up

If you try to sneak the camera in while it has a focus in the little green square

Right distance for focus

One weird thing about the DGX is this small ceramic caps. There is a slot where they sit but when or how do I use them? O.o

So again different angle getting the things in a tight view at the right distance

zoom setting with no flash :/

Flash on with a tight close up :/

Like I say my camera doesn't have a macro but under "flower" setting this is how it looks

Btw, the DGX version board is 1.1s the jtag is a QSB addon for the r/w the RGX file to the Dgx. The adding of the Cap's as well no idea what I am suppose to do at this cap

So from here I am stump lol any help will be appreciated guys :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 07:38:01 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
The Flower Is Macro. You Get To The Point Just Before It Loses Focus, Then Take A Picture. It Will Allow Us To Zoom In On The Picture And It Wont Pixelate As Much. Theres A Guide On Tx Forum For The Dgx. Follow It For The Corona Install.

DGX V1.1S change log:

Added 70cm 24WG POST_OUT Wire

Added a ceramic cap option (Point C29) between D and GND (same as CR3 Pro) - included an optional 10pf ceramic cap

Added a selectable 5ohm and 10ohm resistor to post_out (simple solder jumpers 1 Closed: 10ohm, 2 Closed: 5ohm, 3 Closed: 0ohm Default)

Added a a grounded IPEX socket (Point J1) for CPU_RST (10cm IPEX cable included)

Larger solder pads and stronger vias (C D E F 5v GND)

Removed JTAG pin header (Programming is not required - some users tried to program their DGX and damaged it)

Optimized code for enhanced Trinity performance. DGX 1.1 would boot the worst Trinity we had in 30 seconds (v1.0 booted in 2 minutes)

My preferred settings for Trinity were: D: 10cm IPEX to R4D4, C: 70cm 24AWG Wire , 10pf Cap Installed, 0ohm (Default)

My preferred settings for Corona were: D: 10cm IPEX to C5R11, C: Default wire, No Cap Installed, 10ohm
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 09:33:35 PM by Gizmo613 »

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez

Added a selectable 5ohm and 10ohm resistor to post_out (simple solder jumpers 1 Closed: 10ohm, 2 Closed: 5ohm, 3 Closed: 0ohm Default)

Removed JTAG pin header (Programming is not required - some users tried to program their DGX and damaged it)

My preferred settings for Corona were: D: 10cm IPEX to C5R11, C: Default wire, No Cap Installed, 10ohm

Oh okie so I got your preferred setting for the corona, I guess than having the jtag header not necessary and last thing I want is to damage the DGX lol

I guess then I am good to go. I used the jrunner image guide and setting #8 to on for corona

Oh got to solder jumper 1 closed for 10ohms :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 08:25:22 AM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
this is one of tx preferred method. not mine, but i do use their method. just remember to use your com port usb cable.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
this is one of tx preferred method. not mine, but i do use their method. just remember to use your com port usb cable.

Oh okie well that is good to know :) I'll try it with the preferred method then from there if it doesn't work. Yep :) need to look for my com port and try it out.

keep getting red ring of light i check the bridge for E,F had a fray line. i fix the issue but i get green light to red ring within half a second
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 01:06:54 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Re: Old school back with a 360 slim. Lost touch with mods and flash need help
« Reply #324 on: August 02, 2013, 11:05:42 AM »
I keep getting red ring with the DGX :/ not sure if its the stock setting of the DGX or if I need to flash the DGX with RGX file

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #325 on: August 02, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
ok, what did you flash to your xbox? and is the dgx still a dgx or did you convert it to an rgx. im just covering all the basics.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #326 on: August 02, 2013, 11:41:11 AM »
ok, what did you flash to your xbox? and is the dgx still a dgx or did you convert it to an rgx. im just covering all the basics.

flashed? hmmm just the .ecc is all I did to the xbox. The DGX is still the DGX and oh???? what else do i need to do?

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #327 on: August 02, 2013, 11:54:32 AM »
just trying to back trace everything you did. thats all.
as for the rrod, double check all your soldering. and what ecc did you flash?

i would go ahead and flash the dgx to an rgx
this is important, only flash one of the following, cor_A B or C. ignore the rest.
dont even try to flash any other files.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:55:22 AM by Gizmo613 »

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #328 on: August 02, 2013, 12:09:31 PM »
just trying to back trace everything you did. thats all.
as for the rrod, double check all your soldering. and what ecc did you flash?

i would go ahead and flash the dgx to an rgx
this is important, only flash one of the following, cor_A B or C. ignore the rest.
dont even try to flash any other files.

yeah I checked my soldering, I ran into a problem where the bridge on F was touching the bridge on E so I desolder it and tried to rebridge each connection. Was difficult so I left it alone till today and got it going with the help of Patients lol. I am going to change the reset_CPU blue cable that I cut 10cm to the long blue cable.

Oh sorry I didn't mean to sound like I was shouting lol I capitalize DGX i am used to doing that on my smartphone for product name hahaha.

Okie alright let me swap the blue cable and try again. If I still get redring then last resort is flashing dgx to rgx using cor_c timing.

I will let you know how it all goes :)

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #329 on: August 02, 2013, 12:12:43 PM »
no i put that there because its important and i was just making sure the point was getting across. nothing you did my friend. lol
you had it booting stock nand correct?
if so when you installed everything back in did you change any of the resistor for the nand read write.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal