Author Topic: Finally getting all the parts needed for a NDS Lite sound reactive Led mod  (Read 2837 times)

Offline 77slevin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Hi all,

Like the topic title says, just waiting on a part or 2 needed for the mod. (One of them being the 2nd hand DS i bought from eBay. Pretty important part to do this :huh:) I'll be following this guide for the project as it is well explained and I'm not a very knowledgeable electronics guy.http://www.made-by-bacteria.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=1517. One thing about the guide I'm reluctant to follow is where he takes the power from. Straight from the battery. Wouldn't this imply that the leds are always on and can't be interrupted with the power button on the DS? If so, where would be the correct place to take the juice from and being able to turn the whole thing off without incorporating a second switch?

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:34:26 AM by 3D0kassiah »
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline 77slevin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Not sure how this would be helping me? I already got the 2 LM386's. And even with the Pulsevu board, I still wouldn't know where to take the power from on the DS motherboard, which was my original question.

The first link didn't work initially. It works now, so I modified my post. I now see the install diagram. Thanks, this will help me.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:46:08 AM by 77slevin »

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
i have those pulsevu's for sale also
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
That install diagram is for the DS Phat I believe..

Since you're doing a sound Reactive LED mod the LEDs won't always be on. When the speakers are off, the LEDs will be off. At least I think lol.

If you still want to find a spot where you can get voltage only when the DS is turned on, I know there's a few points to choose from. I used to do a lot of DS Lite mods, i'm sure I could help you find one. Let me know!

Offline 77slevin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Hi again, sorry for replying so late, life got in the way and my project got put on the back-burner.

I've opened up my donor NDS Lite and noticed too that my board didn't look anything like the example board.
Thanks nEoVaLoR, for the generous offer of helping me out and if you're still up for it: I found 2 likely candidates to take my power and ground from. I just need you to confirm if I chose the right ones.

This is an overview, I've marked 1 for the positive and 2 for the ground. next two pictures is a close up of each.

The positive 3,3v:

The ground:

Am I right in my assumptions?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:59:47 PM by 77slevin »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal