Author Topic: PSP Mod - Look Like PS1  (Read 2286 times)

Offline sharkeeb2

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PSP Mod - Look Like PS1
« on: December 26, 2013, 02:57:44 PM »
Hey guys! I'm gonna be modding my PSP slim (6.60ME 1.8) to "be" a PS1.
I will be making my own CTF Theme for this to look like the PS1s menu (inc booting but I might have to shorten the original PS1 booting with the Orange Diamond with that scary noise cos it's too long)
I will also be removing my UMD Drive as I've practically made backups for all my games (and It'll only have PS1 games anyway) [And it'll make a great grip].
I will also get a new faceplate and will (maybe) skin the rear of my PSP 2000 to look like the PS1 Consoles top view.
So what I need you guys for:

Do you know those Original Dualshock controllers? I want buttons like those (except smaller to fit my PSP) except I can't find those (or do you know anyone who makes custom faceplate buttons)

I'll maybe add L2 & R2 buttons which will basically work as "Left L3" and "Right L3" so it'll work nice.

And what other mods should I do with it (the only mods out of the above are taking out the umd drive and faceplate)?
Should I add Dual Nubs or just remove the nubs all together?

Cheers guys, I'll post an image of it once I'm done! :D

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
Re: PSP Mod - Look Like PS1
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 03:58:38 PM »
i really like the idea bro. its original for sure.

as for the buttons i have no idea. you would have to get them made or make them yourself. if i were you i would make some kinda decals that look like the original dualshock buttons and put them over a set of clear buttons and light each button up with matching led colors to each button. would look sick.

would be sweet if you filled in the analog stick hole and painted over it too, to really make it look PS1 like!  and i know someone has done the l2 and r2 mod before so that's definitely possible. but it sounds like you already know how that works. i don't have time to get on here much anymore so text me if you ever need more help 314-221-4458

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal