Author Topic: PS3 DualShock no sync no charge nothing ...  (Read 3447 times)

Offline bonpas3@voila.fr

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PS3 DualShock no sync no charge nothing ...
« on: March 30, 2014, 11:49:04 PM »
Dear All,

:beg:First of all, sorry for my poor english but i'm a 41 years old french dude who encounter problem with the PS3 Dualshock sixaxis controller. :beg:

Let me explain the problem : When I plug the controller  into the PS3 via usb link , the red leds of the controller do not flash, nothing happens, no sync available.
I have choose to dismantle the controller, take the battery out and plug it in a other controller : result : everything goes well, battery charges without problem.
I ve put the battery back into the non-functioning controller and it still not works.

What do you think ? I was about to bypass the embedded original charging circuit with the help of a MAX1555 integrated circuit but i seems that the controller is not powered.
I do not know where i should look and I have not find information on Internet concerning such a malfunction.

I hope you will understand my problem and i will be very happy to have your opinion concerning the situation...

:faint: Thank you very much for your help and your kindness  :faint:

Have a nice day

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: PS3 DualShock no sync no charge nothing ...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 11:59:22 AM »
Sounds like the controller has an internal dead short.

Offline bonpas3@voila.fr

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 11:14:07 PM »
May I  ask you if there is a place where I can find information concerning the electronical diagram please ?

Thank you very much

Have a nice day

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 03:40:01 AM »
I know this is a dumb question and feel stupid for asking it due to the controller not able to power up, but have u tried to reset your controller by taking a small needle and click on the factory reset button on the back of the controller while the USB is plugged in? More than likely won't help but may be worth a long shot.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 06:16:48 AM by WHITE 4ND N3RDY »

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 07:07:03 AM »
I faced a similar problem when I modified one of my controller. I ended up striping off a SMD capacitor and pad (C49) that is near connection on the positive end. Doing so the controller was not able to charge or turn on and sync. My controller board type was  MSU_VX4_0.09,

If your controller board is the same check the SMD capacitor right under the positive connection.

...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal