Author Topic: XB1 Left analogue Stick Replacment  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Whitey86

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
XB1 Left analogue Stick Replacment
« on: June 27, 2014, 12:38:24 PM »
Hi all.My left analogue stick has gone sort of funny in my xbone controller.now i could send it off but im wanting to customize the whole controller anyway so i was wondering if its an easy fix to do it myself instead of waiting weeks?
Thanks in advance

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
Re: XB1 Left analogue Stick Replacment
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 03:21:49 PM »
Yes this would be a decent beginners mod. It is quite easy to do but i suggest you look up videos of how to properly open an Xbox One controller first.

After its open it should be a simple as pulling off the old one and placing on the new.

And if you feel up to it you could always post a tutorial of how you did on here.  :hifive:

- Crumbz

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 01:05:07 AM »
Its a fairly easy job to do. Its far easier than the 360 controller. The XB1 is real simplistic as far as modding goes. I have done this mod with 100% success and in only 15 min. All u need is a desoldering pump and soldering iron. All things u can get @ RadioShack for like 30$. I used a official XB1 joystick so I Dont know how the aftermarket replacement joysticks will work. If u buy one and do the swap please let me know how they work for u! Like Crumbz said make a tutorial post about it so others can follow your footsteps! Good luck and keep us updated on your progress!

Offline Whitey86

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 06:13:45 AM »
Thank you for the reply's.all i needed to get was a desolder pump and a replacement analogue which i have managed to find here in the UK.Once parts arrive i will do a tutorial and hopefully i will be successful but i will keep everyone informed of my progress.
Next project will be learning about PIC Programming as i have always wondered how you get the amazing flashing led mods etc :)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 05:14:55 AM »
White and Nerdy, I want to hear more. Are you telling me honestly, you have done this personally on the xbox one? without any additional componants, and the sticks swapped without any drift?  Myself and RDC both have attempted to southpaw, but have run into centering offset values on the xbox one. It has been discussed that 1 in 100 controllers are identical and the sticks would swap fine. All others have a offset due to stick calibration that must be accounted for.

This was not the case with the 360, there was no issue, but with XBox one, it has proven to be a problem. 

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 05:44:41 AM »
Yra I had spare joysticks from a board i ruined in the mod off. I bought a controller craigslist that had a busted left anologe stick and just de solderd it and put my spare parts joystick on from my ruined board and it worked perfectly. No drift or any thing of that nature I.D.K maybe I got lucky or something. It wasent a aftermarket joystick it was an official XB1 joystick. It fit in real tight and snug and didn't take more than 15 min to do. I sold the controller to my friend and he tells me it still works perfect for him.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal