Author Topic: B button non working  (Read 1517 times)

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
B button non working
« on: July 11, 2014, 10:41:36 AM »
Hi guys

I bought a cheap controller (CG version)  from a guy who told me that B button didn´t work. I have opened the controller and I have realized something the guy didn´t told me. I think he tried to do a scuf (duplicate A and B) that was also my intention but once I checked the point I didn´t see anything rare. I took a pic and if I do zoom I believe that traces are togheter. The A button works perfectly but B no. Here are some pics of the traces

do you think is this the reason (me yes)? is there any way to fix the traces?

Thanks in advance

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: B button non working
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 10:47:57 AM »
Scrap off the trace a little and add solder from the bias to the trace. To me it looks like the bias is disconnected from the trace.

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 11:21:06 AM »
I will try it. The strange thing is if I take a cable from an alternative B point and I make contact on A pad it has the function (of A) thats the reason why a I think A and B are connected between them

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 01:25:44 PM »
Thats a bad deal. The VIA (a connection through the PCB to another layer/side) is gone completely.  This via in particular is important because it is the last spot to get the A button before the MCU. So with those being bad, the only way to fix it is to solder directly to the MCU.  This will require excellent soldering skills to correct. I have circled the spots you need to connect.

The buttons are CG or common ground. So the A and B spots are live inputs, so if you touch them together you are causing a short. The A spot (top of the button pad or anywhere along the trace/via) connects to ground (the bottom of the button pad or any ground spot ont he controller, hence common ground) to activate
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 01:33:28 PM by Modded Matt »

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 09:48:55 PM »
Yea looks like he murderd those traces! No room for error soldering to the MCU! Might want to get some of that desoldering braid incase the solder bridges the other fingers of the MCU. Let us know how it goes!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal