Author Topic: Dashlaunch issues  (Read 8530 times)

Offline gicon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Dashlaunch issues
« on: October 05, 2014, 11:24:38 AM »
ok, posting here because I'm a complete newbie with the modding scene for xbox360's.    Not sure if it's been covered, and trust me, I've searched..

Ok,  so, where to start??   I have a falcon board fatty that I've done the freeboot rgh 1 hack on.  Works great for the most part, absolutely in love with it.  With one exception...

Games that require a long press on a button to achieve a goal, I.E. going prone, hasn't been working for me.  I first noticed this in TCGR: Future Soldier.  Going prone by holding down the B button just would not work.  Long presses only acted like a toggle of the switch, and only worked as a toggle when the button was released.  This led to two days of searching for a fix based on the game title, to which I didn't find any results on.  I chalked it up being a 1-off bug I was having and perhaps something to do with the disc image I have.  Oddly enough,  the next game I went to try out after this was modern warfare, which also required a long press of the b button to go prone, and alas, I again had issues!!  Sooo.. back to the drawing board on searching, but this time I wasn't searching specifically for Future Soldier.  Again, I was disappointed with a lack in answers.   So I resulted to my background in trouble shooting and started removing everything I could and rebuilding the software side of the system up from scratch, trying the games along the way on each step.   What I ended up with, is that it's dashlaunch causing the issue.  IF I uninstall DL (was using 3.07) the buttons worked fine!  However, this isn't the solution I'm looking for, as freestyle gives so many benefits, and I have twin 5 year olds that use the console as well, and teaching them how to use xexmenu is just out of the question!  *sadness*  So I got started updating everything,  brought the dash up to 16767, freestyle was already on the latest.  I tried it then by launching freestyle via xexmenu, and then suffered freezing anytime I hit the A button.  Which is what is required to launch anything via freestyle..  I updated the dash to 16767 and dashlaunch 3.12, but still no sauce. :/

So I'm reaching out for help!!  Has any of you experienced this?  Can anyone point me in the direction on how to resolve this?  Does anyone have dashlaunch, freestyle, and these games working correctly, and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance, and please forgive my newbness.

-Chris
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:04:44 PM by gicon »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: Dashlaunch issues
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 04:38:15 PM »
I can help you with your dashlaunch  freeziing issue .   If  you used J-runner to build your nand  you will always have this issue  since dashboard 16467 I believe it is  being they never updated the dashlaunch files on j-runner   

You will need to build the nand with xebuild options 

I build RGH and jtags to make a living and there are very few who can fix this issue lucky  I am one of them that can help you with this issue

proof it works boots right in to FSD with no freezing issues what so ever
http://youtu.be/T4HVVgf87RI?list=UU6YTy7Xitl4VP5gzfvEsJNA

here is what you will need  Xexbuild the latest version to fix your dashlaunch issues on 16767 dashboard 
http://www.mediafire.com/download/71l4d008ebs1m6v/xeBuild_GUI_2.093+%2816767%29.zip

open your original nanddump1   save Updflash.bin  load cpu key and build the nand

then open j-runner  load this latest version of the updflash.bin in to j-runner and write the nand you should be all set then with no more dashlaunch issues

also if you need any more info on RGHing here is a turoial i made its long  but explains most consoles on here i try to update anything new about boot times and show post and pics if i have time
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,42585.0.html
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 07:03:44 PM by Rodent »

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 06:03:49 AM »
Rodent this is a friend of mine. If needed, could he send the nand and key to you for assembly?

Offline gicon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 08:55:16 AM »
awesome, never used j-runner, only used "xeBuild_GUI_2.093 (16767)" to build my nan.. I'm guessing I missed something in the process with j-runner.  However, it should be said, I can get dashlaunch working fine and without freezing.. i only had freezing in freestyle when I didn't use dashlaunch.   And when I use dashlaunch, I can't long press any buttons.  Going to try this out and hope for the best, but a bit worried I didn't portray my issue properly.  I blame the newness to what I'm doing.

THanks!
-Chris

Addendum:  I notice j-runner is utilizing dashlaunch 3.08.   I tried with 3.07 & 3.12.  I wonder if 3.08 will be the solution?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:57:58 AM by gicon »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 01:22:38 PM »
Rodent this is a friend of mine. If needed, could he send the nand and key to you for assembly?
Yes he can

If you build the nand with the dashlaunch options clicked  it shoudn't freeze at all in dashlaunch or Freestlye dashboard if your using the latest  Freestlye dashboard   

using this download this is the latest FSD   if it still freeze's then i would say you might have a issue with your gpu. being its a falcon
TeamFSD.Freestyle3.0.775.7z

if it still tends to freeze check your cpu_rst wire  (blue wire shown in pic) this is RGH1 jasper same as rgh 1 falcon wiring
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:27:31 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline gicon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 05:53:10 PM »
I stated in the first post I had resolved the freezing.  I'm still looking for help with the long press on buttons with dashlaunch.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 08:01:30 PM »
I am not sure what your asking by long press on buttons with dashlaunch. ?

If your pressing and holding the buttons in dashlaunch.  there is no need for that it should react as soon as you press the button to what ever you want it to do... the only other issues i have had with dashlaunch is it not loading due to type of hdd (meaning hdd is no good, or some old hdd that takes forever to load) when setting the directorys 

if you could make a video and explain what it is that your doing or having the issue with then i can help you futher along or  maybe if you have skype i can get with you one night after work and work with you on this.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:04:54 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline gicon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 06:10:05 AM »
With dashlaunch installed.  I can not hold down the "B" button to go prone in any game that requires it.    Without dashlaunch, I can.   Without dashlaunch, the xbox is not friendly enough for 5 year olds to operate it.

So if there is anyway I can get dashlaunch,  and the going prone features to work in tandum.  That'd be awesome.  I'm about to just give up on it though and just resort to removing dashlaunch when I wish to play my games, and reinstalling it when I'm done.

I found someone else with the same issue.

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=56473&s=5fd87e957bc0c4e3c62a2a229aed17a2

I'm going to start rolling through versions until I find one that works hopefully.   

@Rodent:  If you have future soldier, or medal of honor,  could you fire them up and see if you can go prone?  It's a long press on the "B" button.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 03:31:07 PM by Rodent »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 11:50:12 AM »
when you remove dashlaunch, are you removing the lunch.ini file also?

Offline gicon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 12:13:52 PM »
yep.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 07:48:18 PM »
I found someone else with the same issue.

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=56473&s=5fd87e957bc0c4e3c62a2a229aed17a2

I'm going to start rolling through versions until I find one that works hopefully.   

@Rodent:  If you have future soldier, or medal of honor,  could you fire them up and see if you can go prone?  It's a long press on the "B" button.
guy stated there is a issue with your RF board  in this post   also it says your settings are wrong in dashlaunch  if you read the full post i am sure you find out the answer isnt nothing to do with dashlaunch or the fsd i have built many consoles and never had this issue with any of my customers consoles . 

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 05:32:11 AM »
Continuing to read that post Rodent, The guy states it was not the RF board but was indeed an issue with Dashlaunch, different versions resolved his problem. 

This is a very odd issue that we obviously dont have an answer for.

Here is a thought, put FSD in a GOD container and dump dashlaunch. so when the xbox boots to the normal dashboard, you go to games and launch FSD. (as opposed to using XEX menu)

Offline gicon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 06:56:35 AM »
I'll try that Matt,  will be a few extra steps for them.  But that is something they can handle!    I didn't even realize I could put fsd in a god container.

And upon searching.. I'm not really sure how to actually go about doing that.  Will continue searching until one of you can direct me. :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 03:30:12 PM by Rodent »

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 02:26:58 PM »
take a screen shot of your dashlaunch settings in both the xbox and the pc.

Offline gicon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 03:46:29 PM »
would a copy of the launch.ini be sufficient?

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 03:57:23 PM »
yeah that should be.

Offline gicon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 04:34:35 PM »
ok, will get it soon.  I have it down at the moment.. had a genius moment today and dropped the partition table on my external with all my games. <.<    In process of moving what I still have backed up on the pc to the drive again now.   *sighs*

http://prntscr.com/4ud42o

Here you go.  Bare bones basic, fresh clean install from xeBuild.

http://prntscr.com/4udses
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 03:32:54 PM by Rodent »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 07:59:55 PM »
where do you have your launch ini file?   i have a couple console's to build in the next few days I will try to take some pics  as like i said if you rebuild the nand the way i said it shouldnt freeze at all " UNLESS IT the falcon gpu issue"   

Shouldn't freeze in dashlaunch or FSD 

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 09:44:55 PM »
Do A Full Fsd  And Dashlaunch Remove And Clean Install. I had A Similiar Issue With Dashlaunch When Updating The Latest Dashlaunch And Fsd. Long Press And FreeziNg issues, I Had.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 01:35:06 AM »
Upload your original nand and CPU key and DVD key to mediafire or mega and send to me I will build you the nand myself and see if this resolves the issues your having  and I will be able to tell if there are any issues to the band itself.  Send me link in PM that way no one gets your Kv info or your nand

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 05:21:44 AM »
@gicon, I have sent whole xboxes to him for service on units I couldn't get to work right and he corrected them for me.  If there is one person I would trust, it would be Rodent or MR Gay as I know him. LOL

BUT you need to do that via PM, do nod upload/post NAND CPU/DVD/KV files on the site.

--------------------------------------

As for the GOD folder I was talking about:

I did it using Quickboot (but I havent touched my Jtag in well over a year) http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/apps-pc/10876-quickboot-2-1-download-create-dashboard-shortcuts-xex-apps-games.html

this guy talks about it another way:
http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/apps-pc/10876-quickboot-2-1-download-create-dashboard-shortcuts-xex-apps-games.html
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 05:28:36 AM by Modded Matt »

Offline gicon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 06:44:01 AM »
The freezing only occurred when running fsd without dashlaunch, and only if I just installed it.  If I use xexmenu to launch the already installed FSD, 0 crashes/freezes.   I'll try the full wipe and nand reset and report back.  Should I revert the nxedash to a different version and back as well?

I should also add, it only froze with the old dash version (can't remember which, but I was 3 or 4 behind).  And only once 3.07 was removed.  I've not tried older versions of dashlaunch (older than 3.12, but newer than 3.07) yet as I've not had the time to reflash the nand and dash and all.  Those are still on my "to do" list eventually. heh.  But only after I clean it all off again and start fresh.

THanks for all the help and effort put into this to help me guys, I really REALLY appreciate it!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 08:15:56 AM by gicon »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 11:03:43 AM »
The freezing only occurred when running fsd without dashlaunch, and only if I just installed it.  If I use xexmenu to launch the already installed FSD, 0 crashes/freezes.   I'll try the full wipe and nand reset and report back.  Should I revert the nxedash to a different version and back as well?

THanks for all the help and effort put into this to help me guys, I really REALLY appreciate it!

Update to latest dashboard 16767 using xebuild  and use dashlaunch 3.12   like i said in the begining your issue is what ever options your using to boot the console  like using the (B) button or any other button to start a game .

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:05:05 AM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline gicon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 11:45:28 AM »
Did you look at the launch.ini I posted?

Welp, after a failed attempt of flashing (lack of time before the kids got home).  I just flashed it without dashlaunch and used Quickboot (thanks Matt, you're the man!!) to launch FSD!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 03:35:11 PM by Rodent »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal