Author Topic: XB1 Controller PCB Scans, Traces and Info - 1708 "Slim"  (Read 194588 times)

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: XB1 Controller PCB Scans, Traces and Info - 1708 "Slim"
« Reply #420 on: January 25, 2021, 10:55:41 AM »
It's an A1304ELHLK-T

There is no 1.23v there, it's 3.3v that is turned on/off 125 times a second. That switched voltage comes from U9.

Post a pic of the damage, because your description of the problem is just all over the place.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Qball

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #421 on: January 25, 2021, 03:04:52 PM »
It's an A1304ELHLK-T

There is no 1.23v there, it's 3.3v that is turned on/off 125 times a second. That switched voltage comes from U9.

Post a pic of the damage, because your description of the problem is just all over the place.
My bad I was trying to go off memory and it's c37. And where can I find that hall sensor when I google that I get nothing. As for damage

It's a bit ugly now planned on cleaning up upon being done

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #422 on: January 25, 2021, 03:16:07 PM »
Sorry, should be an X instead of K in that part number there - A1304ELHLX-T  You can find them at DigiKey, Mouser and the like.

Top connection is Output, connect to TP68
Left connection is Ground
Bottom connection is VCC, connect to TP49
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Qball

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #423 on: January 25, 2021, 03:27:03 PM »
Sorry, should be an X instead of K in that part number there - A1304ELHLX-T  You can find them at DigiKey, Mouser and the like.

Top connection is Output, connect to TP68
Left connection is Ground
Bottom connection is VCC, connect to TP49
Thank you for the help I appreciate it

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #424 on: January 25, 2021, 04:15:25 PM »
Welcome

Offline beardawg252002

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Yep
« Reply #425 on: January 26, 2021, 03:23:27 AM »

1708 s arcade controller is totally done, for real this time. Expanded to 8 + 4 buttons. PK2 to PK3 jumper so I can use wireless headset with it. And, added the brook wireless adapter to my micro usb extension and played mario kart on nintendo switch wireless. Was amazing.

Ty to RDC for all the help on the 1708 board.
Wireless Arcade Controller Guy

Offline beardawg252002

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Yep
« Reply #426 on: January 26, 2021, 03:47:05 AM »
Also, do u have pinout info for J8? I got both versions of the brook adapter. One is meant for the elite, and worked well, btw. I don't think this version has an independent battery and uses power from the J8, I think. ??

The other one is meant for the x1 controllers with batteries and micro port. Has its own battery power to trick the 1708 board into wired state and then I assume resends the usb commands via bluetooth or whatnot to the other consoles/pc. Pretty ingenious, simple and cheap way to use one controller on any system wirelessly.

Anyways, the SE version for elite is much easier to use and switch systems on. I am sorry if this is off topic. But kinda has a lot to do with the inner workings of the 1708 board vs the elite setup. I was thinking of using the brook SE version on the 1708 boards with some ninjaneering. It basically does the same thing on the elite and seems to force it into a wired state using the elites own power instead of independent battery?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #427 on: January 26, 2021, 04:20:55 AM »
J8 on the 1708 MCU board has I2C and some I2S stuff on there, also has a 3.3v rail and grounds. The closest for a pinout I have for it is in the 1537 thread, the bottom board schematic, and that's all subject to change as it's not been verified. I never dug much more into that port than that.

Offline Qball

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #428 on: January 26, 2021, 02:21:50 PM »
Just curious if anyone knows what c37 is for as after my repair I no longer have it. Controller seems to work fine without it just wanna make sure it's not too important

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #429 on: January 26, 2021, 02:28:40 PM »
It's just a decoupling cap for U11 there. You can leave it off or toss a 1uF back on there.

Offline beardawg252002

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Yep
« Reply #430 on: January 27, 2021, 11:47:44 PM »
J8 on the 1708 MCU board has I2C and some I2S stuff on there, also has a 3.3v rail and grounds. The closest for a pinout I have for it is in the 1537 thread, the bottom board schematic, and that's all subject to change as it's not been verified. I never dug much more into that port than that.

Ty, that's what I needed. I bet it's using the 3.3v. I think I can dig into it from there. Pretty ingenious way to trick a MS controller.

Offline beardawg252002

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Yep
« Reply #431 on: January 29, 2021, 08:59:01 AM »
That j8 is just a mini hdmi port, correct?

I could just use a mini hdmi cable extension.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #432 on: January 29, 2021, 09:51:39 AM »
Incorrect. It has pretty much the same outer shape as a miniHDMI connector, but that is a 19 pin connector. The one in the XB1 controller is only a 12 pin. I haven't gone looking for a mate for it, so hard to say what it is exactly.

Offline beardawg252002

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Yep
« Reply #433 on: January 29, 2021, 10:13:54 AM »
Interesting, ty. I only need the power and ground to connect. I will investigate further. Maybe just attaching 2 wires to the xbox pcb at that connection (3.3v and ground) and then running it to a similar connector or straight to the brook adapter.

Thank you for the info.

Offline SykoXhadow

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #434 on: January 29, 2021, 05:27:52 PM »
Hey guys! So I decided to attempt to install a remapping kit on my controller and royally messed up a few test points. Everything seems to be working fine except my right trigger. Tp67 came off the board. I know it is related to the right trigger. I have seen other issues with the right trigger but it worked fine before this. It seems like the controller thinks the right trigger is being held down. Is there a way to fix this, or am I boned? *I did not mess with the trigger physically at all and no soldering was near any of the components near the trigger*

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #435 on: January 29, 2021, 08:12:09 PM »
If TP67 was pulled off the board then the RT line is now open and it wouldn't work. You can prep and solder to the via that is just below and to the right of it (directly under the T in TP67) and connect that via to U10p2 (U10 pin 2) and you'll get your RT back.

Offline SykoXhadow

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #436 on: January 30, 2021, 07:29:40 PM »
I'll give it a shot, thank you for the help! I'm not bad with electronics work but I'm inexperienced with pcb stuff. Practice makes perfect but it can be expensive lol.

Offline beardawg252002

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Yep
« Reply #437 on: January 31, 2021, 08:06:26 AM »
Incorrect. It has pretty much the same outer shape as a miniHDMI connector, but that is a 19 pin connector. The one in the XB1 controller is only a 12 pin. I haven't gone looking for a mate for it, so hard to say what it is exactly.

Well, not sure what it's really called technically, and I tried looking. Other companies must be able to buy it somewhere cause some 3rd party stuff uses the male side.

Anyways, just went with solving the problem and u can buy the female side on ebay as "xbox expansion port" and the male side is coming from old chat headsets. Then I can just make an expansion port extension cable. Making two of them cause I am making a second arcade controller from x/s controller guts 1914.

Best I can think of without knowing the name of the connection. Thank you.

Offline SykoXhadow

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #438 on: January 31, 2021, 09:20:02 AM »
If TP67 was pulled off the board then the RT line is now open and it wouldn't work. You can prep and solder to the via that is just below and to the right of it (directly under the T in TP67) and connect that via to U10p2 (U10 pin 2) and you'll get your RT back.

I did what you said and everything is working again and my "doesn't look hard" mod is complete and working! Thank you for your advice; you are a hero in my eyes lol

Offline Groove Harder

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #439 on: February 10, 2021, 05:44:44 AM »
Hi,

Wondering if one of the gurus can help me here? I changed out the right analog stick module on the controller and managed to lift a pad. C

Is it possible to wire in a jumper to a TP spot and if so which TP spot is it?

Cheers!

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #440 on: February 10, 2021, 07:06:52 AM »
That pad does nothing, it'll work  fine like that.

Offline Groove Harder

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #441 on: February 10, 2021, 07:30:29 AM »
That pad does nothing, it'll work  fine like that.

Cheers RDC, I guess I have bad drift on this stick then. I thought it was caused by the missing pad.

Thanks dude!

Offline Greendaycolt

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #442 on: February 14, 2021, 11:25:16 AM »
I have a MCU board that shorts out and will not power on via battery or USB when the antenna coax cable is plugged in. When the cable is not plugged in, the controller will power on and work perfectly via USB, when on battery it also powers on but cannot connect since the antenna cable is not plugged in.

I know it is the MCU board because I have used multiple, working power board/antenna cables that are known working. Additionally, the MCU board has no noticeable physical damage to the antenna connector port or anything else.

Any advice to figure this one out is appreciated!

Offline xh0st

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #443 on: February 15, 2021, 02:01:21 PM »
Hello, Can you please help me? My xbox one S controller it's not working on battery just on cable.  have disassembled the not working and the working controller and swapped the motherboards, the problem it's with the top one with the guide button. i have measured everything and compared and not finding anything different, all resistors and capacitor have the same value. But if I hold down the guide button the controller is working normally when I release the guide button is going off. I have find a temporary solution! I have soldered an resistance between pin TP33/C11 and it's acting like the button is pressed down. The controller is turning on normal and is working, but if you turn of the controller or the console you can't turn on the controller back (to solve this, just disconnect the battery from controller and you are good to go)! Every time you turn off you have to disconnect the battery! Can't figure what's the problem. Can I duplicate the guide button using cathode side of D27 with another button? How to do this D27 and ground on another button?? Please help me! Thanks ?n advance! Hope you understand what I want

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #444 on: February 15, 2021, 02:40:29 PM »
@ Greendaycolt -  I haven't seen that issue first hand here, so not sure what is causing that one. Someone on here awhile back had that same issue, and IIRC they never got back with any info about it. There would have to be something jacked up in the Antenna Filter circuit or the actual MCU to cause that kind of issue though.

@ xh0st - Issue is most likely on the Power OK line somewhere. R7, D26 or the trace from J1p9 to R7, D26, Q9. Schematic for the top board is in the first post. When you press Guide, you turn on Q8, which turns on Q9 which turns the controller on. At that point, it should 'latch' Q9 on with the Power OK signal and stay on when you release Guide.

Offline xh0st

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #445 on: February 16, 2021, 12:59:08 PM »
@ RDC

Can't find any broken traces, i have checked all the traces and components and compared to a good working controller, also swapped Q9, broken some traces when swapped but repaired .R25 one leg is connected to Q9 and the other leg go up on a via placed on top Q8 and to J1 pin 11. Can't find any solution. TP33 ripped from board but it's the same with R25 leg. I have bridged C11 and R25 leg and it's working but still have to remove the battery after turning off the console or the controller to power it again. I don't want to give up .. if you have others ideea of what can be the fault I will check again.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 03:51:19 PM by xh0st »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #446 on: February 16, 2021, 02:43:13 PM »
A blurry image of a portion of the board doesn't really help. You have C11 bridged, remove that as well as the bridge at C12 or it's not going to work correctly to find the issue. R28 goes from Q9p3 to Ground and is not installed.

Offline xh0st

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #447 on: February 16, 2021, 03:15:16 PM »
Sorry my mistake with previous post.
The bridge it's with C11 not C12. Without that bridge the controller it's not powering on. The bridge it's between C11 with R25 also my mistake in previous post.
TP33 is the same with R25 leg and it's going to J1 11 to the charging port on the other board. All the traces from Power Ok are ok
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 03:53:07 PM by xh0st »

Offline pad123

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #448 on: February 16, 2021, 04:00:23 PM »
trace R27 to L 1?

Offline xh0st

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #449 on: February 17, 2021, 08:01:13 AM »
@pad123 Just checked the trace from R27 to L1 and + from the battery. no broken traces or component.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 10:51:57 AM by xh0st »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal