Author Topic: XB1 Controller PCB Scans, Traces and Info - 1708 "Slim"  (Read 194569 times)

Offline KidCarloMagno

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: XB1 Controller PCB Scans, Traces and Info - 1708 "Slim"
« Reply #600 on: July 18, 2022, 07:24:18 PM »
Hello!
I'm kind of new to modding, so forgive me if this is basic, but I was wondering if there is a way to completely block the analog sticks, I already removed them, but theres still some movement on the pad tester.
Thank u for this post, this is being really usefull for my arcade stick mod.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #601 on: July 18, 2022, 08:07:28 PM »
With no POTs installed the Analog lines are now floating and that will cause all kinds of issues.

360 controller shown, but it works the same for any that have the POT style sticks. Resistor value isn't super critical, just make sure they are all the same, 10k for all of them will work fine. They do not have to be SMT, they can be thru hole 1/8W or 1/4W or whatever really.

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline KidCarloMagno

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #602 on: July 18, 2022, 08:16:16 PM »
Got it.
Thanks a lot.
:tup:

Offline Darkelf

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #603 on: July 20, 2022, 03:44:41 AM »
Hi admin CAn you help me?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #604 on: July 20, 2022, 07:29:51 AM »
Connect the 2 outside leads of the POTs together first.

Top Arrow to the Right side of the other POT, V to V.

Bottom Arrow to the Left side of the other POT, G to G.

Middle arrow connect to TP63 there in the middle of the TP spots, Y to Y.

Code: [Select]
             TP68  TP63  TP64
               O     Y    O
         G  X  V
     [-]         [-]
G  L                 V  <--
                     Y  <--
G  L                 G  <--
     [-]         [-]

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Darkelf

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #605 on: July 20, 2022, 08:03:24 AM »
 :victory: it worked on you. thank you very much.  :winker:

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #606 on: July 20, 2022, 09:15:54 AM »
Welcome.

Offline Razzledazzle

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #607 on: August 21, 2022, 07:48:18 PM »
You really need a scope to see what's going on there for sure, but the meter should measure around 1.3v on pin 1, then 0.3v on pin 2 of U11, with the magnets in the Triggers away from the Hall sensors. You can also measure U10 for comparison, as it's the same Hall sensor, just for the RT instead of LT.

If you have around 1v on pin 1, and 0v on pin 2, then that suggests either the LT line is shorted to ground somewhere, or the Hall sensor has gone bad.

I replaced the hall sensor today and still getting the same outcome . How would I test to determine where the LT might be shorting to ground?

Thanks in advance

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #608 on: August 22, 2022, 07:35:26 AM »
Measure the Resistance of TP68 to ground, then TP67 to ground and compare them. They should be close to the same. If TP68 is much lower, then suspect C38 (470nF) or a short on the LT line from U11p2 to the MCU or an issue with the MCU.

Offline bumblebee

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #609 on: September 10, 2022, 11:53:51 AM »
HI everyone . i have a problem with my controller LB and up D-PAD doesn't work i check it and the problem is not on BUTTON/POWER BOARD it's on Mcu board and do u know where LB and UP D-PAD goes on mcu board cuz i can trace it thx in advance and Im knew

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #610 on: September 10, 2022, 11:58:12 AM »
The 1708 schematic is on the first page.

LB and DU are on the IO expander of the top board, so there is no LB and DU connections on the MCU board, all of those top board buttons are done over an I2C connection to the MCU.

Offline bumblebee

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #611 on: September 10, 2022, 01:56:36 PM »
sorry but I tried tp19 but still didn't work do have any suggetion and thx lot

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #612 on: September 10, 2022, 02:44:17 PM »
You said the problem is not on the button/power board, but not how you came to that conclusion. Every time I have seen, or anyone on here has had an issue with more than one button not working, U4 has been the problem, and that is on the top board.

Offline bumblebee

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #613 on: September 10, 2022, 02:50:06 PM »
thx mate mayeb ill change U4 and see if that works

Offline Zokom

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #614 on: September 15, 2022, 11:06:17 AM »
Hello, I just registered so I apologize if I made a wrong first step, anyway I have a friend of mine which gave me his Xbox one controller to fix because the RB button is always working, I thought it was a faulty switch so I proceeded to solder a new one on the board but the problem persist, so I even tried de-soldering the switch and test the controller without the RB switch and it still register as active! I don't know where to look at in the circuit scheme to find a solution, any ideas? Thanks for helping!

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #615 on: September 16, 2022, 01:00:30 AM »
You can check the Resistance across the RB button pads, and that should be a couple of Meg ohms or more. If the Resistance value is low, in the Kilo ohm range or lower, then it could be C29 or D3 on that board is bad. Remove both and test again, if the Resistance value is till low then I would suspect U4 on that board is bad.

Offline Zokom

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #616 on: September 17, 2022, 06:53:29 AM »
You can check the Resistance across the RB button pads, and that should be a couple of Meg ohms or more. If the Resistance value is low, in the Kilo ohm range or lower, then it could be C29 or D3 on that board is bad. Remove both and test again, if the Resistance value is till low then I would suspect U4 on that board is bad.
I tried testing the apparently faulty pads and I get different values between RB and LB, LB have much more ohm than RB, so how can I exclude others components?

Offline szadon

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #617 on: October 08, 2022, 07:25:10 AM »
Hi. I have controller with view button not responsive. If I checking right test point for that button is tp25. Where I should solder wire to bypass broken trace ?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #618 on: October 08, 2022, 01:27:19 PM »
No idea where the break is, so no idea where you would need to jumper it. If TP25 does not go low when you press View, then follow the trace back from TP25 to the view button and find where it is open. If TP25 does go low when you press View, then check the trace from TP25 to U4p15. If the trace is good then suspect U4 is bad.

Offline magiver_fox31

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #619 on: October 30, 2022, 07:38:54 AM »
Hello, Awesome community.

I have a drift issue with the left stick, I removed the left stick the issue remains I also changed the left stick and the issue remains any ideas?

BR

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #620 on: October 30, 2022, 08:05:30 AM »
With no stick installed the analog lines float and will do all kinds of weird things.

Aside from the drift, does it otherwise work? or is it not drifting and is stuck in some direction?

Offline Pykess

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #621 on: November 03, 2022, 08:47:32 AM »
Incorrect. It has pretty much the same outer shape as a miniHDMI connector, but that is a 19 pin connector. The one in the XB1 controller is only a 12 pin. I haven't gone looking for a mate for it, so hard to say what it is exactly.

Sorry to necro this, but I've been trying DESPERATELY to find a male plug for this. Do you have any new information or places I should be looking?

I am designing a touchpad attachment and I'd rather not have to include a separate battery. I really only need power and ground. I of course have already tried forcing a mini HDMI plug (lol that didn't work). Right now it's looking like my only option is to buy cheap accessories to dissect them for the plug.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #622 on: November 03, 2022, 05:07:47 PM »
If the Touchpad interfaces with the controller, why not run the power/ground lines with the rest?

I've honestly never gone gone hunting for that connector mate, and if I did I'd probably start on eBay or AliExpress for it. After that I'd just look on eBay or even yard sales for some either used or cheap peripherals like you mentioned, at least then you'll know it's going to plug in there.

Offline Pykess

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #623 on: November 04, 2022, 09:17:22 AM »
In case anyone stumbles on this again in the future like I did. I was lucky enough to meet someone in a discord server who knew where to get this connector: https://detail.1688.com/offer/626301971841.html?spm=a360q.7751292.0.0.8ce428e6ccI4oa
Basically, you can only get them from Chinese-only wholesalers. Hence, there are no English language listings which is why no one could find anything.

Offline magiver_fox31

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #624 on: November 12, 2022, 07:40:45 AM »
That does not help. What diagram or instructions are you using? Pictures of your install might help also.

Hello, RDC,

I am pretty new to the electronic world, can you please help me locate the left stick 10K resistors on the board?

thanks

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #625 on: November 12, 2022, 07:52:44 AM »
I have no idea what you are asking for. There are no 10k Resistors for the sticks. The POTs on the sticks are 10k in value.

Offline atarisoul

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #626 on: November 26, 2022, 05:11:37 AM »
Hello Friends :)

My 1708 controller works fine plugged in via USB, but when on battery pressing the xbox home button nothing happens, If I plug it in and to turn it on and then unplug it he batteries keep it on.

I know its the MCU board (the one with the sticks on) because I've swapped it out with a working one and it works perfectly.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks 

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #627 on: November 26, 2022, 06:20:06 AM »
The Guide button line on the bottom board is pretty much a straight shot from the connector to the MCU. It would have to either be a broken trace, bad solder joint at pin 11 of the SoC board, bad trace on the SoC board, bad solder connection at the MCU chip or the MCU itself is bad. J5p2 to SoC board p11 to MCU K1

Offline atarisoul

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #628 on: November 27, 2022, 04:44:00 AM »
The Guide button line on the bottom board is pretty much a straight shot from the connector to the MCU. It would have to either be a broken trace, bad solder joint at pin 11 of the SoC board, bad trace on the SoC board, bad solder connection at the MCU chip or the MCU itself is bad. J5p2 to SoC board p11 to MCU K1

Thanks @RDC as always for your help.

After studying your schematics I finally worked out where K1 was !

I did a continuity test between J5p2 and SOC p11 and got a connection.

The MCU (ARM chip)is under the metal shield to test K1 ?

Thanks once again   :hifive:

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #629 on: November 27, 2022, 11:41:28 AM »
MCU is a BGA chip, you might just barely be able to get at K1 with a really fine needle for a test, but poking the thing could make it connect and then open back up after removing the test probe which will give you a false measurement.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal