Author Topic: 3.3v dc dc converter circuit totally corroded  (Read 798 times)

Offline Estrela

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
3.3v dc dc converter circuit totally corroded
« on: June 29, 2019, 10:25:18 AM »
I want to fix my controller, does someone know the values of the components around the u3 chip? I looked everywhere and I spent the last few weeks looking on the internet and on this forum, the only thing i know is that the chip is an mp3414, but i don't know the values of the components around it, i tried removing them from another controller to measure but i ended up loosing them because my hot air station blew them away with the air and i couldn't find them after

R34
R35
C20, C21, C22, C23

Obs: I'm learning electronics by myself as a hobby, I'm kind of new to it so please don't kill me for killing a controller haha

Link for the photo i took of it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kKsY-tf25aHEOeUormzK7PJepAal3JCQ/view?usp=drivesdk

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: 3.3v dc dc converter circuit totally corroded
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 02:08:47 PM »
R34 - 340k, 0402 size
R35 - 180k, 0402 size

The Caps are all decoupling, so the values aren't super critical. The small ones (0402) could be anything from 100nf to 1uF and the larger ones (0805) could be anything from 2.2uF to 10uF

The bigger concern would be a trace or the pads being corroded and coming off when you get to heating things up. If you're using hot air, make sure you flux the area up good and don't push, pry or poke on anything too much. If the solder is molten then the parts should lift/slide right off the pads. Likewise, if you use the iron on there, just drown the component in solder, a Resistor for example, so you're heating up both of the solder joints at the same time.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 02:10:15 PM by RDC »
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Estrela

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: 3.3v dc dc converter circuit totally corroded
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 03:57:27 PM »
when i removed the corroded components some pads came off with them, i drew the area circuit on a notebook so I'll use this as a guide to put things together again and run some jumper wire.
I'm grabbing the components with a pair of tweezers, when i see the solder melting i just lift it to the side as you mentioned
Thank you for the help !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal