Author Topic: JDM-040 not charging over USB, charges fine over ext/headphone port  (Read 1865 times)

Offline MCorgano

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
I have 2 JDM-040 controllers that don't charge through usb at all, but they charge fine through the ext port by the headphone jack.

My test setup is as follows: Windows 10 with the latest version of DS4Windows
I can plug in a known good controller, and DS4Windows will show a + next to battery percentage, or a "Full" if it is both full AND plugged in.
I've taken the JDS-040 usb board and cable out of a known good working controller and put it in both of the non-charging controllers, with no effect. The JDS-040 board from the controllers with issues both work in the known good controller
I have a charging station that charges through the EXT port, and both controllers show they charge when plugged in through it.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? It must be something on the main PCB itself, that affects the usb side but not the EXT port side of things
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:30:23 AM by MCorgano »

Offline igrica

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: JDM-040 not charging over USB, charges fine over ext/headphone port
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 11:50:52 PM »
I have the exact same problem, have you manage to solve it in meantime?
Thanks.

Offline Calybre

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: JDM-040 not charging over USB, charges fine over ext/headphone port
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 01:47:24 PM »
Reviving dead topic, I found this video of one ASIC keeping a capacitor in short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-J9LDKlrpw

Well, that might be the trouble. I changed also my USB port/ribbon and no luck. My DMM is dead, can't measure either at home, but I'm pretty sure that the ASIC is the problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal