Author Topic: XBox One Elite Controller  (Read 484 times)

Offline Groove Harder

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
XBox One Elite Controller
« on: November 25, 2019, 03:18:17 PM »
Hi,

Probably a really noob question but here we go...

I have an Elite controller that is out of action (looks like controller update bricked it, won't sync) and I have a XBox One Wireless S controller which the R3 button is non-functioning. I'm not convinced that it is the actual analog stick as that seems fine. The S controller was bought used and looked to have had Coke or some king of liquid poured on it.

Would it be possible to replace the whole lower motherboard of the S controller with the lower motherboard of the Elite?

Cheers in advance!

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: XBox One Elite Controller
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 04:53:09 PM »
The 1698 (Elite) and the 1708 (Slim) are 2 different setups. The 1698 has 2 connectors with most buttons on the connectors, the 1708 has 1 and the buttons are done over I2C, so they couldn't be Frankensteined into a single controller without doing some hacking and coding between them.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline juniorzz3

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 10:25:26 PM »
I really wonder is it possible to make some kinda modded controller options which will be customizable for your needs ( like in this article ), like specific triggers for specific actions in the game. Because there are a lot of games for XboX One where I have a lot of repeatable actions, and I need to bind those actions with some buttons or triggers.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 05:39:51 AM by juniorzz3 »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 06:28:23 AM »
If you mean a macro controller, then yes it can be done, several ways. Viking did this on the 360 controller, and a friend of mine and I made a fully remappable 360 controller with a bit of 'hard coded' Macro support as well. Neither of those projects were cheap to do in time, money or effort wise, or built in a day. Without you either learning a bit of programming and/or hardware level designing, or forking out the money for someone to do it for you, as a controller like that isn't the norm, you'll probably never see one.

Using something like the Cronus would be the easiest way to go about it, as well as not require you to touch the insides of the controller in any way. Any other method will mean opening the controller up and doing quite a bit of soldering as well as some hardware design and then coding for a PIC, Arduino etc, etc. and then maybe even some PC programming, depending on what kind of interface you want to have with the thing.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal