Author Topic: PS3 Dualshock controller VX8 issue go left all time in XMB  (Read 1307 times)

Offline MadMaxGR

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PS3 Dualshock controller VX8 issue go left all time in XMB
« on: July 08, 2020, 04:02:29 AM »
I have two PS3 controllers version MSU_VX8 which they act like I press left arrow all the time, as seen at the attached video. 

I have changed the conductive film,  the contact pads and cleaned all conductive buttons but the problem is still there. From further investigation,  I have found out that the controller stops going left and is restored to normal functionality, when I press ONLY with my finger at the circled small area at the board as showed at the attached photo. When I use a tool or anything else to apply pressure on that small area,  doesn't make any difference, ONLY when I apply pressure with my finger.

So,  I guess my finger's static electricity makes a wonder there but I am not sure what is the fault and how to permanently fix it.

Any idea?

@RDC I need your lights here.

The video is uploaded here: https://youtu.be/fmJH6QgWoT4

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: PS3 Dualshock controller VX8 issue go left all time in XMB
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 06:07:40 AM »
Try another app for testing it to see where the issue is, since both the D-pad and Left Stick will move the same in the menu there, and the D-pad will override the Stick, but not 100% sure if DR would override DL. So that seems more like the Left Stick causing the issue to me. Could be that film for it is messed up at the stick, since there's no soldering there at all on that VX8 it's just pressed together.

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline MadMaxGR

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 03:27:53 AM »
Try another app for testing it to see where the issue is, since both the D-pad and Left Stick will move the same in the menu there, and the D-pad will override the Stick, but not 100% sure if DR would override DL. So that seems more like the Left Stick causing the issue to me. Could be that film for it is messed up at the stick, since there's no soldering there at all on that VX8 it's just pressed together.

If I disconnect the analog's conductive film,  the controller still goes left. Maybe I should disconnect the left analog not the film?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 08:14:04 AM »
Don't disconnect the Analog at all, that will cause the lines to float and then it will do any number of weird things on it's own.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline MadMaxGR

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 04:21:31 AM »
Don't disconnect the Analog at all, that will cause the lines to float and then it will do any number of weird things on it's own.

You are the Master for sure  :#1:

The issue was caused by the analog stick itself. Replaced it and works fine.  :victory:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal