Author Topic: Help identifying 'Ag' component on main board  (Read 952 times)

Offline ALienHackerr

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Help identifying 'Ag' component on main board
« on: January 20, 2021, 05:03:04 AM »

So I recently dug up my old console and blah blah blah I removed one of these things due to impatience and poor judgement. May I ask what this component is?

It has 'Ag' written on it, and I honestly don't know where to ask this. Also, I did remove it fairly okay, and the component seemed intact despite using an iron, but the thing is that I lost it. I lost the f*cking component somehow, and I'm writing this post a day after I realised I should put it back but I can't since I lost it. So, again, may I ask what this component is?  :beg:

PS It looks like an inductor but I'm a newbie in electronics and I don't know any standards yet, and I'm obviously just rushing me reviving this thing.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Help identifying 'Ag' component on main board
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 04:54:43 PM »
It's an Inductor, but as to the value no idea. Hopefully someone more into the PSP stuff will chime in.

They typically have the value printed on the top, like the others on the board there marked 3R3, 4R7, so that AG marking is odd. Could be that's just the code they use and it stands for the value, but you'd have to know the manufacture and get the DataSheet on it to decipher it. The only way to determine what it could be would be to remove a couple of the other ones marked AG and measure them, but you'd need a meter that can measure Inductance for that and have to hope they all measured the same then otherwise that AG marking means jack diddle.

Might be better off looking for a scrap board someplace and using it as a parts donor, at least you'd know it would be the correct component and value then.

If I were going to just toss something in there to try, it would be a 3.3uH, ferrite core, shielded, and that is solely based on other pics of PSP board versions and what seems to be the same power management area of the board. Do not take that as what it should be though, as I'm just shooting form the hip there, and don't just toss a wire in there as a 'fix' either.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal