Author Topic: JDM-055 once DD is pressed, it stays pressed  (Read 761 times)

Offline maki

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
JDM-055 once DD is pressed, it stays pressed
« on: May 08, 2021, 12:59:32 AM »
Greetings!

I have a JDM-055 here that acts weird:
Once the Digital Down button is pressed, it stays pressed, only while pressing Digital Up the Digital Down Button will be released for that time.

I've already changed the conductive film, so thats not it.

Looking at the schematics that RDC has kindly provided, the signals go straight from the conductive film into the MCU, there is however VCORE being fed into them, and C17 is not short  and R66 has 100kOhm in circuit.

This controller (like all of my controllers) was already worked on.   

I can't upload pics, upload folder is full? (quality is terrible anyway, seems like my toy microscope is giving up)

Edit: actually, any of the digital directional buttons pressed will cause DD to stay pressed
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 01:40:44 AM by maki »

Offline zis2104

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: JDM-055 once DD is pressed, it stays pressed
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 06:14:12 AM »
Use imgbb for upload image

Offline maki

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 07:31:40 AM »
good idea

https://imgur.com/a/ZqohKPD

sorry about the potato quality, I think my toy microscope is dying

Offline zis2104

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 08:17:58 AM »
good idea

https://imgur.com/a/ZqohKPD

sorry about the potato quality, I think my toy microscope is dying
You have try to clean conductive film and motherboard connection with epa? And you see with microscope any part dirty or blackened?

Offline maki

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 08:32:41 AM »
You have try to clean conductive film and motherboard connection with epa? And you see with microscope any part dirty or blackened?
I've replaced the conductive film already, same problem

even if I just power on the board + USB assembly with nothing else attached and then short the pins on the mainboard of any of the digital buttons, it happens

the traces for the digital buttons go from the flex board straight into the MCU, it seems to be the only thing that could be broken, just seems really odd
can't see any dirt or similar, weird goo (I think black hot glue was around one of the analogs, but these are fine)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 08:34:09 AM by maki »

Offline zis2104

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 08:59:23 AM »
I am thinking when I was fixing the xbox 360 controllers, in practice when the abxy buttons did not work I would rebuild the connections with the wires for trace. what do you say could it work?

Offline maki

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 10:04:53 AM »
As far as I can see, the traces for the digital buttons go into vias from the connectors on the mainboard, there should be only direct connections to the MCU

I have to admit that I'd be faster to reball the MCU if it was BGA than to re-solder that weird package, trying hard to avoid that

Offline zis2104

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 10:21:51 AM »
Replace mcu if connection are ok, but are you sure of this? Send picture with smarphone, the microscope are bad

Offline maki

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 11:14:12 AM »
replacing the MCU is the last resort I'd consider tbh

need to practice and then have a good day to feel ready for that POS

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2021, 11:36:33 AM »
A little clarification on the schematic. The larger Blue lines in the schematic are called 'bus lines' and that just indicates there are multiple lines inside that one line. So instead of having to draw out every single line for DD, DL, DR and DU, all 4 of those lines, and more, are in that one bus line. The DD just runs straight to the MCU, there is nothing else on the DD button line. Any wire going to or from the bus line is labeled, so that VCORE, C17 and R66 are just for the PS button.

As to that controller issue, try to update the thing first, as there has to be something screwy going on inside of that MCU to be causing that kind of issue. If that doesn't work, a possible workaround might be to put a Pull-Up Resistor on the DD line (100k or so to 3.2v) and see if that keeps DD from activating, except when you want it to.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline maki

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2021, 12:05:35 PM »
Thank you for the clarification RDC, yeah I see now how the PS Button is seperate with its resistor and cap.

As to that controller issue, try to update the thing first, as there has to be something screwy going on inside of that MCU to be causing that kind of issue. If that doesn't work, a possible workaround might be to put a Pull-Up Resistor on the DD line (100k or so to 3.2v) and see if that keeps DD from activating, except when you want it to.
Sorry for the stupid question in advance, but how do I update a Dualshock Controller?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal