Author Topic: JDM-055 thinks its charging or connected  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Eren_Ackerman

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
JDM-055 thinks its charging or connected
« on: October 12, 2021, 09:17:14 PM »
Hello! Good morning/afternoon/night

I'm trying to fix (learning how to fix) a jdm-055 that is stuck thinking that it's charging. Here's the puzzle:

Symptom set 1 - The board connects via usb to my pc and works almost perfectly fine. DS4Windows says that its battery is at 45+ (which means that it's at 45% and  "charging"). But when I connect it via bluetooth, it also says "45+". When I press the reset button and release it, it doesn't turn off but instead it starts showing the orange light thinking that it's "charging".

Symptom set 2: I said above that while connected via usb it works almost perfectly fine, but the issue there comes when I disconnect it from the usb cable. Even when the bluetooth of my pc is tuned off, when I disconnect the usb cable it keeps showing the blue light, thinking that it's still "connected" via usb. But when I try the same via bluetooth (connect then disconnect), it doesn't show the blue light; it rather goes back to the orange light.

Symptom set 3: when I try a usb ampere meter, it shows no charging activity.

So the board clearly has a usb issue, but I know it's not the child board because even when I connect the controller via bluetooth to my pc without the child board, DS4Windows still says that it's charging. So the problem is on the board, but I don't know if it's the charge ic or the components around it that I could test if I knew (I'm learning).

Please help me if you know. I'll appreciate it <3
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 09:41:37 PM by Eren_Ackerman »

Offline wickated

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
Re: JDM-055 thinks its charging or connected
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 10:42:58 PM »
dont bother, its already dead

Offline Eren_Ackerman

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 11:07:52 PM »
But.... but...  :cry2:

Is it because of how expensive the s2pg001a chip is? By the way, does anyone know why it's so expensive?

Offline morih94

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 11:56:58 PM »

so i face this problem often, first of all take out self near the ic above 2 caps, then you have to remove some components from other side of controller, then i  use a 3.7v charge board to charge battery and i place it in side of controller, its abit tricky but i manage to fix all of them, the only problem i couldn't fix about em is that i dont have LED when i disconnect controller from USB but everything works like charm

Offline Eren_Ackerman

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 12:16:47 AM »
so i face this problem often, first of all take out self near the ic above 2 caps, then you have to remove some components from other side of controller, then i  use a 3.7v charge board to charge battery and i place it in side of controller, its a bit tricky but i manage to fix all of them, the only problem i couldn't fix about em is that i don't have LED when i disconnect controller from USB but everything works like charm

I understand I would have to bridge the jds board's 5v pins to the auxiliary battery charger (to charge the battery via the original usb port but through the auxiliary board), but I didn't catch the thing about the caps and components.  :dntknw:

Offline wickated

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 11:54:54 PM »

Is it because of how expensive the s2pg001a chip is?
yes.
its custom chip made in small batches and production line stopped long ago. so no leaks occured.

Offline Eren_Ackerman

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 01:38:47 AM »
yes.
its custom chip made in small batches and production line stopped long ago. so no leaks occured.

Yet another reason to hope that the right to repair passes in the US.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal